Vice President - Strategic Programs, Services
The Vice President, Strategic Programs is responsible for the successful execution of customer transformation programs where Guidewire is the program lead. Many of these programs will include implementing enterprise SaaS or cloud based solutions. Key success criteria includes customer satisfaction and achievement of program goals, performance to schedule and budget, and internal financial performance.
This position requires a unique combination of deep implementation and systems integration expertise, experience in engaging during the sales cycle, promoting a services value proposition, developing individuals responsible for delivery, and an ability to manage customer expectations. This position will also require working closely with regional services management in identifying resources and working with customers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop relationships with key customers to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction with the delivery of key programs
- Accountable for the successful delivery of Guidewire led projects where Guidewire may serve as the system integrator or partner with other systems integrators.
- Develop and mentor individuals responsible for day-to-day program management.
- Identify and socialize systems integration and program management best practices throughout the organization.
- Partner with sales management to effectively position Guidewire capabilities and ensure successful sales and delivery of professional services. Provide high level consultation in support of sales opportunities where appropriate
- Work with the finance organization to manage financial performance of programs.
- Work closely with the customer success organization in ensuring an overall positive customer experience.
- Work with regional services management in the resourcing, customer management, and financial performance of strategic programs.
- Work with other team to identify key criteria for SI led cloud projects.
- Manage relationships with delivery partners, as needed, to ensure high quality of professional services delivery
The organization will consist of the following components:
- Program Management: A team of individuals who are accountable for the management and delivery of key programs.
- Project Management Office: Methodology and best practices for delivering programs as well as internal processes to monitor, report, and support programs and projects. While important for strategic programs much of what is developed will support all projects.
- Partner with Methodology and TCO: A team (much of which is virtual) responsible for maintaining our general methodology as well as identify opportunities to drive out costs of our implementations. While important for strategic programs much of what is developed will support all projects.
- Highly self-motivated, hard-working, and objective driven
- A pragmatic approach coupled with the ability to thrive under the pressure of constant change and moving objectives as the organization grows
- Build a world class professional services capability through mentoring and hiring top talent
- Will be culturally sensitive and have the ability to not only effectively lead those with a direct reporting relationship but effectively lead and influence across organizational lines.
- Strong knowledge of the P&C insurance space, industry trends and challenges, the fundamental economics of an insurance company.
- Experience implementing Guidewire a strongly preferred.
- 15 years of experience and demonstrated success in building and running a professional services function/practice in the software industry.
- Experience with a Big 4 consulting firm, leading systems integrator, or the professional services practice of a leading software firm is of primary interest
- Track record of successfully delivering large, complex transformational programs, on time and within budget
- Strong technical background and process capability
- Demonstrated success in driving a very high level of customer satisfaction with impeccable attention to detail and support metrics
- Track record of enabling and developing the skills and careers of direct reports
- BA and/or MS in a technical or business discipline is mandatory, formal Project Management training is preferred
- Proven customer engagement skills and track record of delivering, deploying and implementing large enterprise SaaS or cloud-based solutions