Funding Circle’s Accounting team is looking for an enthusiastic, smart and diligent Accounts Payable person to join our team. Candidate can expect to work in a fast paced yet fun start-up work environment with opportunities to learn and grow.
- Input invoices into all payment systems, ensuring correct approval, sorting, coding and matching of invoices/receipts prior to payment
- Verify coding expenses against budget
- Reconcile Netsuite (accounting software) to external vendor invoice processor (Bill.com)
- Liaise with internal and external clients
- Audit and process credit card expenses and employee expense reports in Concur for validity and payment
- Update balance sheet recons (prepaid and accrual schedules)
- Process check requests
- 1099 maintenance
- Assist in month end closing and other projects as needed (e.g. balance sheet recons)
- BS/BA degree in finance, accounting or related field
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs
- Proficiency in English (ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing)
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, professional attitude and reliability
- Well organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
- One or two years’ experience preferred but not required
- Identification with our mission, “to build a better financial world”
- Alignment with our core values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be Open, Stand Together, Live The Adventure
Why join us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package. From learning and development and commuter stipends, to a competitive salary, equity, and health benefits, we’ve got you covered! That being said, have you heard about what we're doing?! Our mission is what really motivates us to come to work each day:
- We're supporting small business, the engine of economic growth
- We're helping facilitate higher yields for investors and lower interest rates for borrowers
- We can fund loans extremely quickly, all online!
- We have a clear competitive advantage globally in areas like domain expertise and regulatory processes
To learn more about our work environment, culture, and perks, visit:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Funding Circle provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.