HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Are you an established and proven product leader who wants to make a significant impact?
Are you passionate about travel?
Do you live to create products that have meaning for people around the globe?
Would you jump at the chance to help others bring together and share some of the best memories in their lifetime?
If that sounds like you, we have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Product Manager to join our team in Austin, Texas.
The HomeAway community is vibrant and growing globally with more and more travelers discovering the unique world of vacation rentals every day. Those experiences are shared through reviews and this is an opportunity for an experienced product leader to shape the future for the HomeAway Reviews platform.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Drive the vision, design and delivery of the Reviews platform for HomeAway.com
- Create opportunities to scale your products and feature while building an extraordinary team around them.
- Collaborate across Traveler, Partner and Mobile product line teams to deliver evolving platform capabilities with great experiences for users that grow the collection and coverage of reviews from travelers and partners.
- Act as the product champion and evangelize the product vision effectively to partners.
- Independently drive alignment on product, process and policy requirements.
- Evolve marketplace features and capabilities through a “build, measure, learn” approach, informed by A/B testing and statistical analysis of customer behaviors.
- Conduct competitive analysis to identify gaps and opportunities that will further inform the roadmap for our reviews platform.
- Partner with customer experience and moderation teams to define dispute resolution policies, processes and products.
- Work closely with Data Scientists and Technical Leaders to understand how to develop the business case for innovative, revolutionary and disruptive new capabilities.
- Collaborate with the development teams to evaluate technical options. Work closely with business and technology teams to prioritize and schedule enhancements, new features and fixes.
- Drive the cross group working sessions to ensure alignment for strategic initiatives.
- Manage resolution of urgent technical issues, communicating with global business stakeholders and advancing as necessary to ensure timely resolution and minimize business impact.
- Track and report on key metrics.
What You Will Bring:
- 7+ years of product management experience
- High level of initiative and desire to create a world-class user experience for our travelers and vacation rental owners/managers
- Consistent track record of managing multiple product lines and delivering releases on schedule
- Demonstrated experience using product management best practices, standards and policies
- Ability to lead cross-functional initiatives and drive collaborative decisions
- Superior knowledge of building excellent products and solutions
- Demonstrated experience building and managing high caliber product teams
- Experience with online travel and/or consumer marketplaces preferred
- BS or BA or equivalent, MBA preferred
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.