In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started.
About the team:
From Unicorns to Fortune 500 companies, our team leaves no stone unturned when it comes to identifying and growing strategic partnerships. We work together with the Partnerships & Exhibitors (Sales) teams to put together compelling, engaging and innovative proposals for some of the world's most recognisable technology brands. We then work closely with each partner to ensure that we deliver everything that was promised and go above and beyond where possible. Relationships are key and we are the relationship people!
The Strategic Engagement Manager will be a key strategic position for the company in how we engage with our new and existing customers, and build out their conference experience, maximising their outcome. Using a mix of strong client relationships, KPI assessments and product models, you will work with our partners and sales teams to deliver highly personalised events that produce lasting impact and long term retention for our partners.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll use the power of data and analysis to enhance customer life cycles, where growth and engagement is achieved.
- You’ll act as a subject matter expert and work on a team building meaningful long-term relationships with some of the biggest and fastest growing companies in the world.
- You’ll work closely with the Global head of customer success in WebSummit, developing strategy and new initiatives, mentoring and influencing our success teams.
- You’ll identify new added value products and services to our partners, shaping their event experience.
- You’ll assess the needs and requirements that our partners are looking for, and tailor solutions to achieve those goals.
- You’ll build out new products and features to present to customers, highlighting metrics and specific outcomes, based on previous case studies.
- You’ll drive cross-team communication and collaboration, integrating production, design, content, collateral and app solutions.
- You’ll travel the globe to our international events to ensure the on the ground execution of our exhibitor and partner activations.
Who you are:
- You understand that Data is the key driver in customer experience and change.
- You want to understand every aspect of a customers need, and design products and services to cater to those needs.
- You love interacting with clients face to face, in order to understand their needs, and using that feedback cycle to develop world class products.
- You want to influence internal teams, where you can shape how they develop customer relationships and long term retention.
- You can adapt to the changing needs of clients and facilitate last minute requirements
- You have a proven track record in project management delivery.
- You are inventive, creative and always keen to try new things. In fact, you don’t believe that anything can ever be perfect and that testing and experimenting is always important.
- You’re curious, enjoy learning and are constantly trying to discover new things that benefit your clients.
- You have a good intuition for solving problems and figuring out potential issues, managing your time effectively.
- You’re inspired by technology and innovation and have an eye for spotting trends.
- You're a quick learner and can grasp the intricacies of complex relationships easily.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- BA or higher in Maths, Physics or Engineering
- Experienced in consultancy or project management is required.
- Excellent customer service skills and an eye for detail.
- Competent with analysis of Data, KPIs, metrics and product presentations.
- The ability to extract feedback from customers.
- Competent in developing strategies around engagement and retention.
- Exceptional planning, project management, scheduling and communication skills.
- Ability to influence teams and help them adopt new features and products.
- Experience with CRM tools, Salesforce in particular.
- Passion for technology and events, and a genuine willingness to improve your knowledge.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.