Web Summit is a global technology conference company headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. We run a series of international gatherings across the world. Our flagship event is Web Summit, held in Lisbon, Portugal. In the last seven years, Web Summit has grown from a small team to a company of over 170 focused on disrupting the conference industry through technology and data science. In 2018, over 100,000 startups, investors, speakers and other attendees gathered at Web Summit events, including MoneyConf in Ireland, Collision in the US and RISE in Hong Kong.
About the Team
The Engineering team is broken up into smaller cross-functional teams which deliver different business projects; core data APIs, attendee web applications and internal optimisation tools.
We are looking for an experienced Solutions Architect, to take the lead in designing and implementing 3rd party integrations into our platform and systems, adding significant value to a diverse set of attendees at our conferences.
At Web Summit we believe that the power of data and engineering can be applied to every facet of our events to make the attendee experience excellent, so whatever projects you work on you’ll work closely with our UX designers, data scientists, event engineers and web developers across all our conferences: Web Summit in Lisbon, RISE in Hong Kong, MoneyConf in Dublin, and Collision in New Orleans.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You will work with closely with the Events Engineering team.
- You will be at the forefront of internal requirements discovery amongst our teams.
- You will work on architecture & integrations of our external systems
- You will be critical in assessment, roadmapping and development of essential systems.
- You will work on External tools and systems, used by 100,000+ attendees at our global events.
- You will drive automation and integration, constantly looking to improve system efficiency.
- You will bring financial and business awareness to decision making around technical solutions.
Who you are:
- You are analytical and process driven in everything that you do
- You understand the needs of non technical stakeholders and their behaviours
- You like finding clear and concise solutions(not always technical), that solve problems for external customers.
- You love automation, integration and iteration of tech tools and systems.
- You like working with multiple teams and stakeholders, and solving problems to improve productivity and efficiency from a technical perspective.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- BA or higher level in Computer Science or related field.
- Self starter, with the ability to take full ownership of a project and deliver time oriented results.
- Expert principles in RESTful Api design and development, understanding what’s good and bad, with the ability to backup your opinion,
- Consultancy/client facing experience.
- Ability to code and build prototypes quickly
- Ability to gather non technical requirements from numerous teams and external stakeholders.
- Internal project management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Great communicator (verbally and written), with all levels of a business.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with an orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.