In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started.
About the team:
This is a newly created role that will manage our Investor and F.ounders team. The investor team has been instrumental in increasing the numbers of attending investors at our conferences. These have included local angel investors, leading venture capitalists and heads of M&A from the largest corporations globally. You will be managing the relationships and helping investors maximise their engagement before during and after Web Summit, Collision, RISE, and MoneyConf. In essence, we’re developing and maintaining relationships with leading decision makers in tech across the globe.
f.ounders is a private (invite-only) gathering for 150 of the world's leading disruptors, innovators and investors in tech that has taken place in Dublin, Lisbon, Hong Kong, New Orleans, Las Vegas and New York. f.ounders has played host to the CEOs & founders of Twitter, YouTube, Netflix, Skype, Tesla/SpaceX, Apple, PayPal, Nest, Uber, Dropbox, Cisco, Amazon, Evernote, Stripe, Houzz, Oculus VR, Founders Fund, Formation 8, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Sherpa Ventures, Greylock Partners, Slow Ventures, Armada Investments, Sequoia Capital and True Ventures, to name but a few.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
Who you are
- You’ll actively and selectively identify, recruit and foster relationships with some of the most innovative corporations, influencers and industry leaders, ensuring attendance from their Corporate Development and M&A teams at our events.
- Every day you’ll be speaking with the world’s leading corporate investors and acquirers, covering the entire range of sectors, industries and geographies.
- You’ll act as a knowledgeable and visible presence in the industry and community, creating exciting proposals for our attending investors.
- You’ll oversee and maintain an active and up to date database of attending investors and prospects in Salesforce.
- You’ll promote knowledge sharing and cross-team collaboration and you’ll support other event initiatives on an ad-hoc basis such as recruitment of mentors and judges.
- You’ll collaborate with the broader investor team to create and implement lead-generation strategies to help you reach your goals.
- You’ll also work closely with the business intelligence team, analysing sales funnel data to create small but critical process improvements
- You have a minimum of 4 years full sales cycle experience dealing with companies.
- Have experience managing small teams.
- You're a brilliant salesperson and a real people person.
- You have a strong aptitude for business development. You love managing your own business portfolio and identifying new opportunities.
- You aim to quickly develop rapport, understand partner needs and deliver exceptional pitches.
- You’re naturally persuasive and can influence with little effort. You love coming up with creative and valuable ideas and solutions.
- You thrive in a learning culture. You love travelling the world and making long-lasting relationships.
- You take pride in what you do and you go above and beyond in delivering an exceptional experience to the people you deal with.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Background in consultancy/finance or experience with startup funding, venture capital or corporate development.
- 6 years proven experience in a campaign/client management role.
- Keen interest in account management and business development.
- You have sales experience that you will be able to apply to influencing top names to speak at our events.
- You have long had a passion for technology, how it is helping move the world forward and where it is going.
- Experience building your own pipeline of decision makers through leveraging your network.
- Ease and comfort in talking to VIP audiences including Fortune 500 CXOs, investors and charismatic founders.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with an orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages, and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.