MapR Technologies, a provider of the industry’s leading data platform for AI and Analytics, enables enterprises to inject analytics into their business processes to increase revenue, reduce costs, and mitigate risks. MapR addresses the data complexities of high-scale and mission-critical distributed processing from the cloud to the edge, IoT analytics, and container persistence. Global 2000 enterprises trust the MapR Data Platform to help them solve their most complex AI and analytics challenges. Amazon, Cisco, Google, Microsoft, SAP and other leading businesses are all part of the MapR ecosystem. For more information, visit www.mapr.com.
MapR Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
We at MapR have built the industry's best data platform for managing petabytes of data, running on thousands of nodes, and accessed by millions of users. We are looking for an engineer to provide functionality that will unleash the scalability of MapR's data platform for AI/ML, operational analytics, and IoT.
We will provide you an environment where your impact will be immediately felt and appreciated as you both learn and help address the needs of the world's most demanding and cutting-edge customers. You will be working alongside with talented and like-minded engineers in a startup like setting and have an opportunity to contribute across the entire backend stack.
We are looking for a Senior Staff Software engineer to:
- Develop scale-out file system access and storage software functionality that runs on commodity hardware
- Take ownership of ease of use, performance, availability, and robustness aspects of your design
- Collaborate with frontend product teams to ensure that common and advanced product usages are available through the UI
- Work closely with QA counterparts to provide high code coverage and to enable testing automation
- At least ten years experience building system software
- Strong programming C/C++/Java skills in LINUX/UNIX environment
- Implementing and Debugging Multithreaded code
- Proven track record of developing a feature from requirements to delivery
- Communication skills and ability to work independently.
- Experience in storage software
- Experience in kernel and device drivers
- Windows experience a plus
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND VALUES
- Intellectually curious; interested in understanding and experimenting with new leading edge technologies.
- A consistently open, candid communications style
Degree(s) from reputed institutes will be considered as an additional qualification