Senior Director/VP - Engineering
GroundTruth is the leading global technology platform driving in-store visits and sales by leveraging location as the primary source of intent. We believe in the power of place. Build your brand, increase sales and grow your business by building off what real people are doing in the real world, mapped using our proprietary Blueprints technology. Through its data foundation, GroundTruth sees 2 out of 3 smartphone users in the U.S. and more than 30 billion physical visits annually across 21 countries globally. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
Reporting to the SVP of Engineering, the Senior Director/VP of Engineering will be responsible for building a team of talented engineers from scratch. His/her team will be responsible for building high frequency low latency distributed systems, full stack web applications, intuitive web interfaces. His/her team will also work closely with Mountain View based core engineering teams. He/she will be a highly visible internal leader who will inspire his/her teams with clear and pragmatic direction, which aligns with the vision of the company
You will be:
- Apart of a core group of technology leader shaping the future of GroundTruth’s tech stack.
- Working very closely with other technology leaders, Product Managers and business owners to build innovative features and products.
- Managing projects for the team to ensure timely delivery, including: spec review, task breakdown and assignment, delivery estimation, issue triage, and backlog grooming.
- Responsible for architectural choices, technology choices, and code quality.
- Advocating for, evangelizing, and implementing engineering best practices on your team, and across the organization as a whole.
- Hiring, mentoring, growing and retaining rock star Development Engineers, Quality Engineers and Site Reliability Engineers.
- Master’s/Bachelor’s in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 8-10 years in building complex software systems, managing team and team leads.
- Knowledge and advocacy of software engineering best practices.
- Experience working with senior product, business and engineering leaders.
- Proven track record of building high performance engineering teams from scratch and working with highly distributed teams.
- Experience in development of multi-threaded event driven serving systems in C++/Java/Scala/Python.
- Experience in building big data applications utilizing Hadoop and related NoSQL technologies.
- Experience in modeling schemas in relational databases – MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Experience across a broad spectrum of technologies – Kafka, Storm, Spark, Apache, Hadoop, Python, Redis, Cassandra, ScyllaDB, Linux, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.