Wayfair is looking for a driven analyst with strong attention-to-detail, the ability to consider the bigger picture when executing quantitative tasks, and effective communication skills to join the Inventory Planning function. This team is at the forefront of building an innovative, scalable business strategy for Wayfair to support business growth of 3-4x. You will be part of a team that partners with internal account managers as well as with our suppliers to grow their business with Wayfair.
As the Inventory Planning team’s interface with both Wayfair Account Managers and our suppliers, you will develop insights to influence suppliers’ product assortment, production, supply chain and operations. Other focus areas include financial analysis and decision-making related to inventory replenishment and purchasing, managing excess inventory, promotional buys and improving overall inventory efficiency.
- Develop and execute strategies to optimize sales, turns, in-stock rates of our suppliers
- Create replenishment orders reflective of supplier goals
- Communicate with suppliers and Account Managers to ensure follow-through on replenishment orders and inventory commitments and to develop sustainable, long-term strategies to grow the business
- Monitor key performance indicators and drive corrective action
- Manage efficient inbound inventory flows and stock health, including forecasting, purchasing, and removing aged inventory
- Conduct ad hoc analyses to improve business decision making
- Previous work experience with a strong focus on quantitative & analytical work
- Advanced experience with Excel required
- Strong communication & persuasion skills to interact successfully with our suppliers
- Preferably, fluency in one of our main supplier languages, i.e. German, Polish or Spanish
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements & role definition
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in a quantitative subject
- Previous experience in supply change and inventory management a plus but not required
- SQL knowledge a plus but not a must
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course, the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people