Regional Field Support Engineer
Wayfair is looking to grow our Corporate IT team by bringing on board a talented individual who wants broad exposure to the technologies that support our desktop computing and technical warehouse infrastructure as well as our large-scale Internet e-commerce platform.
- Providing second and third-level support to our employees for all IT-related concerns, which includes supporting and troubleshooting technologies such as: Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File/Print Services, Spam/Virus Protection, VOIP telephony, CISCO networking and our own proprietary software
- Preparing, repairing and deploying desktop computers, warehouse technologies (such as wired and wireless scan guns, packing stations) and other office equipment
- Experience with deploying software\imaging with System Center Configuration Manager added
- Maintaining and expanding edge network switchgear
- Managing, monitoring and troubleshooting daily batch and backup processes
- Helping with the planning and deployment of new and upgraded products
- Helping to seek out and implement ways to make a system or process more efficient
- BA or BS degree from a 4-year college or university
- One to two years of current IT Support Experience
- Prior warehouse operations/warehouse management system experience a plus
- A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- A strong sense of customer service, attention to detail and desire for organization
- Experience in a helpdesk or other service-oriented IT role a large plus
- Solid understanding of Microsoft technologies
- Active directory experience, including Group Policy Objects and User Profiles
- SQL knowledge highly preferred but not required
- Unix/Linux (particularly FreeBSD/CentOS) knowledge/interest a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize appropriately
- Familiarity with email, FTP and HTTP technologies
- Scripting ability, especially using Powershell, VBScript and/or PHP, a large plus
- Ability to occasionally lift 40 lbs.
Other traits we look for:
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- An easy-going attitude and strong sense of humor
- A positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.