Our Photo Studio team is looking for a Senior Manager of Production & Logistics for Wayfair's Westborough location!
The Senior Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing all the functions of production and logistics, ensuring smooth operations of all activities. This is an integral role in communicating, coordinating and aligning the Studio operations teams with creative teams to enable success across cross functional lines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team consisting of Lead Logistics Coordinators, Production Manager and Set Shop Supervisor
- Oversee and ensure execution of production per scheduling
- Manage the flow and accuracy of live inventory data.
- Work areas include: inbound receiving, storage, assembly, return of product, set shop, and photography bays
- Closely coordinate with stakeholders across multiple verticals including, Project Managers, Imagery Applications, Creative Directors and managers.
- Coordinating with outside vendors and suppliers
- Ensure regular communication and feedback to relevant stakeholders regarding operational status
- Provide direct input into the existing user tools and make recommendations for process changes/improvements
- Maintain, report and drive Key Performance Indicators (KPI) related to sample management and internal on set production to evaluate the results
- Adhere to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures (OSHA, DOT and EPA)
- Ensure proper staffing allocations to meet operational deliverables
- Organizing and conducting necessary meetings and training activities for the team
- Coach, develop, delegate and assign tasks within the team
- Apply a working knowledge of all cross functional departments and relevant stakeholders that support Photo Studio Operations
- Overall responsibility for day-to day operations of site, acting as the liason locally to support all facility related maintenance, repair and special projects
Education and Qualifications:
- Proven track record in taking ownership to deliver results within a fast-paced environment
- Willing to dive deep to obtain a strong understanding of business strategy and bottom line goals
- Effective communicator and able to operate clearly in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to “hit the ground running” – a self-starter
- Bachelor’s degree in management, administration supply chain, or 10+ years working experience in product distribution to customer base
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehouse activities (MSDS, Equipment checklist, BOL)
- Working understanding of WMS systems, inventory control processes, and general transportation knowledge
- Knowledge of routing software or experience in a local delivery network desirable
- Excellent leadership, ability to lead by example
- Strong people skills, motivational skills, team building and decision making
- Strong administrative skills, ability to prioritize, delegate, and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage time, resolve crises and make decisions
- Ability to efficiently coordinate and communicate with internal and external groups
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.