About Meredith Corporation:
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty, fashion, news and sports. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 5,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com., as well as innovative business-to-business marketing solutions provided by Meredith Xcelerated Marketing.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce 700 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.
Who we are:
- With over 25 million surveys collected annually from thousands of retailers worldwide, Bizrate Insights is one of the largest sources of verified customer-generated seller ratings and reviews, helping both retailers and consumers make informed decisions. Bizrate Insights’ core solutions cover online visitors and buyers as well as retail store buyers, allowing retailers of all sizes to build best-in-class customer experiences, gain competitive intelligence, and attract more qualified traffic.
Why you should work with us:
- Our biggest investment is in people like you. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement, learning sessions and attendance at tech conferences to help you thrive. At Bizrate Insights, you can expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with some nice perks on the side. If you are a passionate technologist who can get a lot done while having fun, come join a team of like-minded, skilled professionals where you can learn and share your knowledge!
What we look for in our Engineers:
- Have Ownership. You feel ownership over everything you ship. You'd never call code "done" until you’re confident it’s correct.
- You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage. You are excited to work with a modern technology stack, but you have demonstrable experience with a diverse pool of technologies.
- Be a team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team—that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Have an ability to make an impact. You will work on a product that is collecting over 25 million surveys annually. You seek new methods and tools to make great websites faster and better, both on the front-end and back-end.
- Never stop Learning. Exposure to latest & great technologies; onsite tech talks and training sessions; attending tech conferences.
- Partner with a diverse group of professionals with different skills & disciplines across the organization to achieve a common goal.
- Write great code. You care about writing good code, design, performance and an outstanding user experience.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Java, you can look forward to the following:
- Execute design, construction and unit testing of assigned components/modules
- Support production implementation and post-production issues
- Collaborate with other team members to implement application features, including user interface and business functionality
- Be action oriented with a tendency to treat each assignment with a sense of urgency
- Be comfortable and enjoy working in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5+ years software development experience
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Experience working in a globally dispersed team
- Experience with Java/Hibernate/Spring
- Experience with REST/JSON APIs
- Experience creating/consuming web services
- Experience with Testing frameworks
- Experience working with databases – SQL / PLSQL
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Groovy, Grails
- Tomcat, Apache webserver
- Git and CI tools
- Cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- No-SQL databases
- Demonstrates integrity and authenticity
- Manages relationships and expectations
- Thinks and solves problems creatively