Slack is seeking a senior product manager to lead a new product initiative under the Search, Learning, & Intelligence group. This product manager will be responsible for product definition, strategy, development & go-to-market plan for an exciting set of products in the data & analytics space.
You’ve got a track record of melding creative product thinking, business & management understanding, deep user empathy, and thoughtful use of data in order to turn good ideas into a great product. You have experience working directly with a diverse set of clients, partnering with colleagues in sales and professional services to deliver impactful insights and products. You may have been a consultant yourself in a past life and have a deep appreciation for the role data can play in management, cultural transformation and organizational design. You’re as comfortable traveling to talk to customers as you are building product specs.
Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — if this sounds like a good fit for you, come work at Slack! This position reports directly to the Product Lead for Search, Learning, and Intelligence and is based in our growing NYC office.
- Build up the product strategy and roadmap for exciting new data & analytics products.
- Partner with colleagues in professional services & customer success to pilot new products with both executives & admins.
- Build clear go-to-market strategy in partnership with product marketing.
- Partner with machine learning & data specialists to define useful metrics, models, and data visualizations.
- Own features and prototype plans end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- Depth of experience leading business-critical data product initiatives in a B2B or client-facing environment. You can take big ideas and turn them into a roadmap of features and research with minimal guidance.
- Impact focus and a consistent history of delivering measurable results for both users and the business.
- Data-minded whenever possible. You deeply understand how your products work and how to measure long-term impact. You know how to balance quantitative usage data with deep user insights. You are comfortable with data and probably know a bit of SQL.
- Ability to think big and small to build incremental features and prototypes in service of a larger vision. You are as comfortable working in paper-prototypes as you are building out scalable features for demanding enterprise clients and know when to do which.
- Product taste and craftsmanship. You will be responsible for driving a flagship product initiative at Slack and should show the attention to detail this responsibility deserves.
- Natural leadership. You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you.
- Written communication that is clear and effective.
- MBA or advanced degree in Computer Science, Design, Econ, Stats, or other technical / analytical / creative fields.
- Experience building data tooling and reports to inform business decisions. Consulting experience and background in organizational design.