Sales Engineer / Sr. Sales Engineer, Rubrik Datos IO
Rubrik is hiring dedicated sales engineers to support our recent acquisition of Datos IO.
This role will provide a unique opportunity to work in a small, startup-like environment, closely collaborating with the Rubrik Datos IO (RDIO) team to drive rapid revenue growth / customer adoption. At the same time, you will get experience working closely with the extended Rubrik teams at the fastest growing enterprise software startup in Silicon Valley, with customers in all major verticals and over $292M raised. Rubrik Datos IO has built RecoverX, a next-generation data management product designed for modern cloud-native applications built on NoSQL databases and the Hadoop / Big Data ecosystem.
Where you can make an impact:
- Create detailed technical presentations for customers to outline the software data management products
- Develop and iterate product and technical presentations for customer / prospective meetings
- Define and execute the customer discovery framework, pre-sales experience, and POC experiences
- Work closely with engineering and product management to share customer feedback
- Being responsible for assuring each customer is meeting their business goals and escalating appropriately
- Ability to partner with Technical and Customer Support to address customer concerns and feedback
- Ensure continued implementation of best practice sales engineering methods
- Provide priority guidance for new products / new initiatives / new features
- Weekly Sales Team meetings to share opportunity updates, technical roadblocks, etc.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree in Computer Science or any other relevant field (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience as an enterprise sales engineer, startup sales experience is a big plus
- Experience in pitching Data management / data protection / backup & recovery solutions
- Hands on experience with Linux, AWS and other public clouds
- Strong technical and customer presentation skills (both internally and externally)
- Able to travel as necessary and cover a large region/territory
- Proven ability and a track record in managing and delivering measurable business results
- Must possess exceptional communication skills both in written and in verbal form
- You should be comfortable with all SE functions, particularly in an early-stage market
- We view domain experience – data backup and recovery / data protection, NoSQL databases, MongoDB, DataStax, CouchBase, Hadoop ecosystem, and public cloud (AWS / Azure / GCP) experience as a plus
- If you’ve worked in an internal startup, if you’ve worked in an autonomous business unit, or if you’ve worked to integrate companies and operations, that’s a plus too
Rubrik Datos IO provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.