Rubrik is currently looking for senior / staff level Technical Support Engineers for early, mid and late day positions (6am-4pm, 8:30am-5:30pm, 11am-8pm inclusive of weekends ) to provide enterprise level technical support to our customers via phone, web, email, chat and other support channels as required.
Technical Support Engineers deliver effective solutions to both technical and non-technical end users while also supporting a wide range of technologies. Support Engineers may be required to be on-call on a rotating basis throughout the year.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient handling of all levels of technical support cases from basic user questions to issues requiring more in-depth technical and problem solving skills
- Independently diagnose and resolve problems within our sphere of the customer environment
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal team
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Design, define and document support processes, training and knowledge-base articles for customer and internal consumption.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years doing enterprise technical support in storage or backup verticals, including advanced issues such as snapshots, replication, data recovery, networking, and vmware administration
- Must have outstanding problem solving skills
- Must have good technical knowledge of vmware, backup methodologies, and linux
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl…) is a big plus
- Should be comfortable filing bugs and working with engineering to articulate problem scenarios for reproducing issues
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred