Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
Recruiting at Venmo
We're passionate about building an exceptional team at Venmo. Everyone at Venmo is responsible for finding amazing people; our recruiting team structures and stewards this process. The Talent Team develops goals with hiring managers, coordinates logistics and planning, and delights prospective employees with a seamless recruiting and interview experience.
- Work with an all-hands-on-deck mentality, bringing a consistent pipeline to hiring managers across the business, with a specific focus on growing our engineering team.
- Manage candidate process and be a candidate ambassador. Determine skill level, manage offer process, including offer negotiation, offer letter generation and offer acceptance/declines.
- Creatively source candidates through networking, referrals, events, and other out-of-the-box sourcing ideas.
- Continuously and consistently communicate with hiring managers, providing data-driven strategic insight that will help evolve the hiring process.
- Collaborate with other recruiters and coordinators to bring the best candidate experience for the folks we meet and an insanely high bar for talent coming in the door.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of experience working in full lifecycle technical recruiting
- Know and use Google products inside-and-out and have experience with Greenhouse (or a willingness to learn quickly!)
- You're creative, flexible and proactive -- you don't let things get in the way of success
- Team player -- you help whenever and wherever it's needed
- Incredible attention to detail and organizational skills
- You dig data -- you’ve had experience sharing recruiting metrics with teams to identifying trends and bottlenecks
- Communicate well and often
- Passion for Venmo!
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.