Box is growing fast - real fast - and we’re just getting started. Our opportunity is meaningful: 500 million knowledge workers worldwide, struggling to manage and share information that is trapped in old, disconnected systems. Our mission is the power how the world works together. Over the past 10 years, Box has redefined the way people work together and has become the market leader in cloud content management. What will the next 10 years look like? Join us and help build it.
Why Box Needs You
We are a dynamic team, committed to growing Box as fast as possible. We are searching for a seasoned leader with technology experience to establish and scale financial planning and analysis activities for our Product, Engineering, and Partners/Emerging Businesses divisions.
Why You Need Box
The position offers a steep learning curve, opportunity to scale a function, a platform to influence significant decisions, exposure and accountability to senior leadership and executives, and the benefit of driving strategic projects. Your scope includes a unique cross-section of our business, ranging from product/design, engineering, and data centers/public cloud hosting to emerging businesses and partner sales. You’ll be contributing to Box’s growth and profitability, with a direct connection between your activities and the success of the business. Are you up for the challenge?
- Own and execute end-to-end financial planning, forecasting and month-end close activities.
- Define and deliver ongoing management reporting for intra-quarter puts/takes, investment decision assessments, and variance analyses.
- Own thought leadership effort to standardize and implement scalable planning and reporting processes/norms.
- Drive ad-hoc financial analyses and models to inform and influence recommendations and business cases.
- Partner with teammates to drive projects.
- Lead, coach and develop a small team.
How You’d Spend Your Day
- Managing a sizeable spend portfolio - You’ll actively lead forecasting and budgeting for half of Box’s annual spend.
Example: Identifying financial trade-offs for our data center infrastructure team on a new project and recommending potential paths forward.
- Authoring & Driving Scalable Financial Processes/Norms – You’ll team closely with SP&A colleagues to develop processes that drive actionable and timely insights with a focus on outstanding partner support.
Example: Defining light reporting packages, cadences and review cycles for puts/takes analyses and close reporting.
- Initiating and authoring insightful financial analyses - Teammates rely on you to help consider various financial cases and scenarios - you are the point person for building detailed financial models, extracting insights, and providing concise, actionable recommendations.
Example: Working with our product finance team to define the business case and P&L for a new launch.
Who You Are
- You have 7-10 years of experience with time spent in FP&A or Corporate Finance, investment banking or public accounting.
- You hold a BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or economics. An MBA is preferred, but not required.
- You’re a high-energy leader with a real passion for developing others – you practice confidence without attitude or ego.
- You are a poised communicator and are accustomed to actively sharing your point of view, while advising senior leaders; developing relationships comes naturally.
- Execution is your thing and you have prior success creating and driving scalable process across cross-functional teams.
- You have a reputation for navigating large networks of people and systems to find the information you need; you tell the compelling story behind the data through relevant insights and actionable conclusions.
- You have strong business instincts – you understand Box’s products, markets, strategy, and challenges and apply that knowledge to your everyday areas of ownership.
- You are a seasoned pro at financial modeling/analysis and have deep command of “the details,” but don’t get lost in them.
- Prioritizing multiple work streams and various constituents is second-nature.
Box is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.