The Member Operations Data Analyst Team furthers Etsy’s mission to keep commerce human by providing world-class customer support to buyers and sellers and maintaining marketplace health. We do this every day by delivering actionable insights leveraging industry-leading measurement techniques, and providing access to metrics, data, and tools needed for decision-making and optimization at all levels of the organization. Example projects range from forecasting support volumes, analyzing seller shop health, and prioritizing the allocation of policy enforcement resources to maximize marketplace trust and confidence. The variety of challenges the Member Operations Data Analyst Team tackles is incredibly diverse.
The team is based in our Brooklyn, NY office.
About the Role
- Play a foundational role in deciding how we can improve Etsy customer support by identifying and helping execute on opportunities for improving operational efficiency and Etsy’s support experience through analysis of team workflow, customer support (email, phone, chat) and transactional data
- Transform raw data into meaningful and impactful analysis characterized by strong data governance, technique transparency, and aggressive documentation and communication
- Partner with Member Operations management; clearly present analyses that shed light on the customer support experience, identify impactful opportunities for improvement, and drive teams' decision making.
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor team performance
- You have a minimum of 1 and ideally 2+ years experience as a data/business analyst or consultant in a quantitative role.
- You have a mastery of SQL and relational database concepts. You are willing to dig-in, investigate and optimize backend tables to efficiently and accurately calculate team metrics.
- You can communicate your insights verbally, visually, and in writing. You care deeply about the quality of your data and the integrity of your work.
- You are a strong, independent, analytical thinker who enjoys thinking about and solving complex and nuanced problems.
- You are a team player and have strong interpersonal skills.
- You care about reproducible work and consistent methodology and have picked up tools to this end; you can teach others how to make their own work better and more efficient.
- You are passionate about subjects such as experimental design, data visualization, and statistical analysis techniques. Bonus points for experience using statistical software, including SAS, R, or Python.
- You should be able to point us to something you’ve built or analyzed that you’re proud of.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.