Gladly is the customer service platform that revolves around people, not case numbers. We enable companies and their customers to converse seamlessly across voice, email, SMS, chat and social media.
We're seeking a Senior Software Engineer to serve as a senior developer, help train and mentor more junior developers, and contribute to the Gladly architecture. Our preference is to find someone who can take on a management role after getting familiar with the product and company. You'll also work closely with Product Managers, Customer Success, and other stakeholders to get important projects rolled out. Our system is a microservices architecture built primarily in Go and Node/React with Kafka used as a message bus. Services are deployed as Docker containers running under Kubernetes on AWS.
What You’ll Do
- Code! You’ll design and code innovative, scalable, and robust features
- Provide technical guidance and coaching in software engineering best practices while demonstrating these as an individual contributor
- Collaborate closely with small, nimble, cross-functional teams of engineers, product managers, designers, and pre and post sales account managers
- Participate in all aspects of the project lifecycle, from ideation to specification to release
What You Bring To Engineering Team
- 5+ years of full-stack engineering experience, with 2+ years in a leadership capacity as a manager or project lead.
- Strong team building, mentorship, and empowerment skills; you love participating with and contributing in meaningful ways to scalable and high-performing teams of engineers.
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design, and cloud architectures.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Why Working at Gladly Rocks
People are not just at the heart of our product: they're at the heart of our company.
- We value diverse perspectives and hire new people to enrich our team and keep us moving forward.
- We believe in open communication and share in an inclusive, open culture..
- We value learning. We learn from each other, and we help each other learn.
- We have a strong work ethic but value life outside of work. We don't spend our entire lives in the office.
- We have a collaborative culture of mutual respect – many of us are working together for a second and even a third time.
And you can also count on:
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Generous paid time off.
- Generous paid parental leave.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Fitness stipend.
- Commuter benefits.
This role is based in San Francisco's Financial District with easy access to public transit. Gladly is very well funded by Greylock Partners, NEA, Jetblue Ventures, and GGV Capital.