We are looking for an experienced senior accounting manager who is looking for an opportunity to grow into a controller role while working closely with the VP of Finance. You will manage a team handling day-to-day accounting functions (AP, AR, basic GL). You will need to be hands-on with month-end adjusting entries, more complex GAAP accounting areas such as reserves and stock compensation and be the primary contact for all things tax related. A team player at heart, you collaborate cross functionally, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move quickly while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Tile's business objectives.
- Manage, mentor and develop the accounting team in sync with company's growth
- Manage timely month-end close process and be hands on with more complex month-end entries and reconciliation
- Act as an accounting resource within the team and provide GAAP guidance
- Work closely with FP&A to support regular and ad-hoc reporting
- Support monthly and quarterly sales tax filing, collaborate with overseas tax consultant on VAT tax reporting. Monitor company’s activities for nexus and permanent establishment
- Prepare regular reporting for bank loan compliance
- Assist with special projects
- Degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of five years of accounting experience, including management experience
- Consumer electronics and/or SAAS experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with NetSuite required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and resiliency to deal with ambiguity and competing priorities
- Own equity in the company - every employee is a stakeholder in our future
- Work with an adept team of people who love what they do
- Daily breakfast and lunch along with company-wide events and outings
- On-site gym access
- Free parking
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and pre-tax commuter deduction
Tile is creating a world where everyone can find everything that matters. When you’ve lost something, getting it back safe and sound can feel impossible. But thanks to Tile, there’s a community of people out there helping that thing you love find its way back home.
With over 85% of the market share, Tile devices, network and mobile app work together to help people locate more than three million unique items every day. Our global community spans 230 countries and territories, and we’re expanding more every day. We’re headquartered in San Mateo, California, and our investors include Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital and Khosla Ventures.
We believe that loss should be a thing of the past, and that lending a helping hand should be effortless. We’re not here to simply connect people to things. We’re here to connect people to people, because things don’t change the world. People do.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.