Snowflake’s mission is to enable every organization to be data-driven with instant elasticity, secure data sharing and per-second pricing, across multiple clouds. Snowflake combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
As the Senior Corporate Accountant, you will be responsible for GL functions including asset and liability reconciliation, consolidation, process improvements and policy development and documentation. You will have the chance to serve as a key contributor to a high growth environment and strengthen your understanding of both operational and technical accounting processes.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Be responsible for accurate and timely month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close procedures for certain key balance sheets and income statement accounts (including preparing and/or reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations)
- Review financial statements and account reconciliations from international entities and intercompany accounts for accuracy and reasonableness for reporting
- Supervise Staff Accountant for daily cash and AP activities and analyses
- Collaborate with various organizations within the Company to support the accounting close process and to drive OPEX trend analysis
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Develop, implement and maintain key policies and procedures for your area of responsibilities
- Support the Corporate Accounting Team in enhancing the Company’s existing accounting procedures and internal controls and seek opportunities to improve accounting operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Prepare audit schedules that may be requested by the auditors to support our annual audit
- Assist and prepare certain internal management reporting requirements
- Support for ad-hoc projects as required from time to time
We’re excited about you because:
- You have a Bachelor's degree with a major or in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting emphasis.
- You have 4-5+ years of work experience. Big four public accounting and GL experience is preferred
- You have excellent technical accounting skills with a detailed understanding of current GAAP standards.
- Experience with Coupa, Workday Financials or other large ERP accounting systems.
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented
- You are excited about building and refining processes and controls, and possess a good understanding of internal control requirements
- You are a team player and have the ability to work independently
- You are self-motivated, deadline driven and result oriented, a problem solver with a can-do attitude with strong teamwork skills and strong desire to drive changes
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the Company organization
- You are highly skilled in MS Excel (pivot tables, Vlookup, etc.) and the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets and build reports.
- Above all else, you are bright, kind and goal-oriented
Snowflake Computing, the cloud data warehousing company, has reinvented the data warehouse for the cloud and today’s data. The Snowflake Elastic Data Warehouse is built from the cloud up with a patent-pending new architecture that delivers the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud – at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake can be found online at snowflake.net. Snowflake has been voted as one of the Bay Area Best Places to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. We are a place where people work effectively with the same values and vision. We focus on doing what is right for our customers, shareholders, and employees. We create great products, individually and as a team.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.