Quora is seeking an experienced Account Manager to partner with and advise our advertisers and help them build success on our advertising platform. We recently launched our first advertising products so you would be a founding member of the advertising sales and strategy team.
You will be the main point of contact for a diversity of advertisers and have full ownership of the customer experience and customer success. Drawing upon all available resources, metrics, and Quora product knowledge, you will provide insights that will optimize ad campaigns and determine which creative content works most effectively. Quora Account Managers engage customers in a more meaningful way than the typical sales experience. We value direct and timely communication, creative insights, and expect you to advise and even challenge advertisers if it will help them ultimately be more successful on Quora and in their respective teams. We strive to be the call or meeting our advertisers and agencies most look forward to and feel smarter as a result.
Ideal candidates will have business experience in an agency or sales environment as well as experience managing complex projects with a diverse set of stakeholders and participants. The successful candidate will also have experience in/around paid search and DR/Performance marketing campaigns. We value direct and timely communication, creative insights, and expect you to advise and even challenge partners if it will help their brands ultimately be more successful on Quora. You will be a great fit in this role if you love problem solving, pattern matching, digging into the data, being creative, wooing, advocating, exploring, and also checking off your list of to-dos. You are creative, smart, and like to execute.
- Educate advertisers and agencies on owned, paid and earned media opportunities on the Quora platform in a way that is also great for the user experience
- Contribute to and lead activities that accelerate business growth with partners focusing on performance
- Troubleshoot and answer questions related to campaign delivery and optimization
- Identify and grow opportunities within accounts at the appropriate setting and time
- Participate in the creation of persuasive presentations and stories that demonstrate the value of Quora to Performance marketers
- Increase the effectiveness of the team by recognizing and communicating opportunities for new approaches
- Share best practices internally and externally
- Conduct regularly scheduled client calls to communicate key campaign performance metrics
- Forecast and track key account data, and advise adjustments in strategy to maximize ROI
- Respond quickly to high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
- 3 - 5 years of experience managing advertising campaigns from either client or publisher side, preferably experience running search and social campaigns
- Exemplary verbal, written, and listening communication skills with clients at all levels of seniority up to the C-level with the confidence and tact to respectfully challenge clients on strategic decisions
- Comfortable working with a beta product and serving as the point of contact to troubleshoot technical and account issues
- Hands on experience managing, optimizing and planning performance campaigns
- Ability to translate analytics into insights and recommendations to determine which content and creatives are working or could be improved
- Highly motivated and hard-working, and able to think clearly under pressure
- Highly effective at interacting with external partners/customers and serving as a subject matter expert on Quora for brands with training
- Action bias, ability to be a self-starter, overcome barriers and work collaboratively in a fast paced, challenging environment
- Critical thinking and investigative skills that lead to fresh ideas when it comes to challenges related to campaign performance
- Self-driven, detail-oriented, and open to manual processing required in early advertising platform development
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision
- Passion for Quora's mission and goals
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.