Our mission is to empower people everywhere to make the change they want to see in the world. With almost 200 million users (including 5 million Australian users) Change.org is the world’s largest technology platform for social change. We’re both incorporated and certified as a social good business.
Globally, you’ll be joining a large and passionate team. We’ll set you up with your peers across the world for development opportunities, knowledge sharing and general camaraderie. In Australian, we're a small, results-oriented team. It's a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment. We work out of an office in Surry Hills in Sydney – ideally you’d work here to, but this role has flexibility to work from home some days too.
- You have experience in email list management, digital marketing and fundraising.
- You love data. Whether it’s a chart, a spreadsheet or a table full of numbers, you can’t wait to dive in and analyse it, track it and use it to inform your work.
- You’re motivated by hitting goals. You love finishing the month knowing that your work has helped sustain the work of Change.org.
- You have keen attention to detail while maintaining sight of the big picture, and can see how both are crucial when you’re working to a target.
- You can work independently but also enjoy being part of a team, local and global.
- Your online copywriting is killer. You've got a strong sense of narrative and user experience, and you can turn out compelling copy at short notice.
- You’re interested in and committed to our mission of empowering people everywhere to win campaigns, and are driven by helping everyday people fight injustice.
Here are the tasks you would be asked to handle in this role:
- Develop and deliver a strategy for subscriber acquisition and retention, adapting and modifying in response to outcomes and shifting campaign priorities.
- Propose and take forward strategies to grow, refresh and retain users, including implementation timelines, and meeting or exceeding revenue goals.
- Write a range of engaging digital content including acquisition and retention emails, landing pages, short form ads, social media and web content, and more.
- Coordinate all membership communications with the wider engagement and growth objectives of Change.org in the country.
- Collaborate with international colleagues to progress learnings and best practices, including participation and presentation within the global membership teams.
- Monitor, test, analyse and report user engagement and membership data.
- Set and effectively track financial and growth goals and the KPIs to deliver these goals.
- Manage external vendors, such as telemarketing agencies.
- Stay up to date, learn from and deliver best practice in membership, subscriber and regular giving programs.
- Work with the Australian Executive Director to develop and effectively track ambitious engagement and revenue goals and the KPIs to deliver these goals.
To apply, click on the link above to submit a cover letter and CV. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Applications close 17 June 2018.
The position is a full-time permanent role based in our Sydney office, however part-time and flexible work arrangements will be considered. Training and upskilling as-needed will also be offered on the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
We are working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We're just getting started, and we hope you'll join us!