Our mission is to empower people everywhere to make the change they want to see in the world. With almost 200 million users (including 5 million Australian users) Change.org is the world’s largest technology platform for social change. We’re both incorporated and certified as a social good business.
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Senior Campaigner to join our team in Australia. We're looking for someone with drive, passion and deep campaigning expertise to dramatically grow our users' impact to new levels. This senior role will report to the Australian Executive Director and be part of the broader campaigns team based in countries around the world.
Globally, you’ll be joining a large and passionate team. We’ll set you up with your peers across the world for development opportunities, knowledge sharing and general camaraderie. In Australia, we're a small, results-oriented team. It's a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment. We work out of an office in Surry Hills in Sydney – ideally you’d work here to, but this role has flexibility to work from home some days too.
- You care about people. You can’t wait to pick up the phone and talk to a petition starter to support their campaign, and then pick up the phone again to tell the story of their campaign to a journalist. When a campaign wins, you’re just as happy about the change that was won as the joy and empowerment the petition starter feels.
- You care about impact: you crave the next victory and are always on the hunt for the next big opportunity to change the world.
- You're driven by results: you use data to test your ideas, track your progress and measure your success.
- You've got knowledge and deep interest in the Australian media and political landscape, but you’re also in tune with what people who feel alienated by politics are talking about in their living rooms, at the school drop off and on their facebook pages.
- You understand power landscapes in Australia: how decisions are made and how to use digital campaigning and collective action to intervent in decision making processes.
- Your email and copywriting is killer. You've got a strong sense of narrative and user experience, and you can turn out compelling copy at short notice.
- You have a finger on the pulse of the latest campaign tactics. Petitions are just the beginning of many of our campaigns.
- You have experience in identifying campaign opportunities, and owning the development and execution of campaign strategy.
- You know how to get a campaign in the media: you have a sense of how to frame stories, where to get them placed and how to speak to journalists.
As the Senior Campaigner on our team, you will:
- Identify the most significant social change campaign opportunities in Australia, and critical intervention points for everyday people to gain more power in our democracy.
- Be responsible for leading campaign support for people who start petitions on our platform -- helping win groundbreaking and nation capturing campaigns across a wide variety of issues.
- Develop and execute rapid response campaign strategies, including innovative online and offline tactics, that help petition starters win campaigns that seem impossible.
- Pitch and secure media coverage of petitions by liaising with journalists and media outlets, preparing press notes and mentoring petition starters through media interviews.
- Engage with senior political and corporate decision makers across the country to facilitate responses and engagement with petitions.
- Write a whole lot of compelling copy & create online content about users' campaigns and impact, including emails, social and video content.
- Work with campaigns staff to help manage the largest social change email list in the country -- delivering new and best practice online engagement tactics.
- Identify and help deliver fundraising and membership retention tactics within campaigns to help grow Australia's membership program.
- Support petition starters by leading the organising of offline tactics like petition deliveries.
- Work with the Australian Executive Director to develop and effectively track ambitious campaign impact, growth and engagement goals and the KPIs to deliver these goals.
To apply, click on the link above to submit a cover letter and CV. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Applications close 17 June 2018.
The position is a full-time permanent role based in our Sydney office, however part-time and flexible work arrangements will be considered. Training and upskilling as-needed will also be offered on the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
We are working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We're just getting started, and we hope you'll join us!