We are looking for dynamic, high-performing, and hard working individuals to join our expanding inside sales team. The ideal candidate is excited to pursue a career in sales and has done their research on what makes an outstanding salesperson. A successful SDR has exceptional communication skills, loves the thrill of the hunt, and is determined to succeed.
Sales Development Reps are the front line of the sales process and spend their days cold calling into nonprofit organizations. SDR’s are measured by their seamless handoffs of qualified leads to our Account Executive team. Success in this role is obtained by hitting and exceeding monthly goals, consistently staying ahead of daily metrics, and handling pressure in stride, all in a team-focused environment. The ultimate goal in the Sales Development Role is to graduate into a full cycle sales role as an Account Executive.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- You have an appetite for learning! You’re keen on turning training and feedback into action and continuous self-improvement
- You are committed to a high standard of integrity and work ethic
- You’re an excellent listener, assertive, persistent, and persuasive - show us your grit!
- You are genuinely curious about people, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option
- But most importantly; You keep It Classy.
- Making 65-100 cold calls a day to non-profit organizations
- Methodically qualify, build, and manage an accurate sales pipeline in Salesforce
- Consistently surpassing your monthly quotas through hard work and implementing feedback
- Thrive on change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and coachable
- Become an expert in online fundraising - asking insightful questions, overcoming objections and understanding your client’s needs will be critical to your success.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent communication skills & dynamic telephone presence - No fear of the phone!
- 0-2 years of inside sales or relevant experience (selling over the phone/web preferred)
- Positive attitude and a drive to win
- Strong track record of achievement
- Previously trained in consultative / value based selling a plus
- Technically savvy and specifically skilled in using CRM (preferably Salesforce) to manage sales cycles
- Nonprofit industry or fundraising experience a plus
WE WOULD BE REMISS NOT TO MENTION OUR AWESOME PERKS!
- 29 days off annually including vacation + holidays
- 10 half-day Fridays a year
- 20 hours paid volunteer time off
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or ride-share allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- 401(k) plan
- Fitness membership discounts
- Pet-friendly office
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports
- Monthly employee development courses
- New expansive office in downtown San Diego overlooking Petco Park baseball stadium and the ocean