With more than 125 million subscribers in over 190 countries and rapidly growing, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix. Netflix is growing its presence in Japan and, as part of the Tokyo team, you will help define the Netflix brand and shape the future of entertainment in this country.
We are looking for a talented and experienced legal professional to join our Legal team in Tokyo and partner with Netflix’s Business Development and Marketing teams in an environment where collaboration between legal and business thrives. The successful candidate will be responsible for duties including: supporting, maintaining, organizing, and localizing contract templates; generating initial drafts of contracts and other legal documentation; obtaining signatures/seals on legal documentation; assisting with legal research; assisting with documentation for regulatory compliance; creating and maintaining information on our legal portal for business partners; and providing general administrative support to the Legal team.
This is an opportunity to be part of an established and fast-growing tech and media company that is changing the future of entertainment in Japan and around the world. The Legal team at Netflix is focused on collaborating with our business partners to innovate and find effective, efficient solutions. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, demonstrate great initiative, an effective cross-cultural communicator, and will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization. She or he will also be excited and inspired by the Netflix culture
The successful candidate will have:
- Either 5+ years of relevant experience as a staff at a multinational technology, brand/merchandising or entertainment company or law firm; or 3+ years of relevant experience as a practicing lawyer at a multinational technology, brand/merchandising or entertainment company, or a law firm.
- Experience in at least some of the following areas: commercial contracts; technology licensing; intellectual property. Additional experience in brand/merchandising, talent and production agreements, rights and clearances, or film/tv content marketing would also be preferred.
- High level of organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize and time-manage across multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to capture and condense notes from meetings with various business and legal colleagues.
- Ability to generate initial drafts (both in EN and JP) based on agreement templates and to prepare initial drafts of amendments to existing agreements.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Fluency in English and Japanese required.
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Positive attitude and an ability to respond positively to change and be respectful of new ideas
- High IT literacy, proficiency with cloud-based document and database systems preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Curiosity about how we operate our business and the market we serve in order to develop and suggest innovative solutions
- Willingness to tackle new subjects outside area of expertise
- Flexibility to work across time-zones with international offices.