As Netflix grows to produce more content in more countries and languages, we face unique challenges in scaling our marketing operations to cope with the demands of our increasing catalog. As a member of the Creative Marketing Engineering team, you’ll help us build out a suite of tools to manage the massive amount of promotional data that we produce and help the creative marketing teams make better, faster decisions.
As the marketing and content teams in Los Angeles continue to grow, we are starting to build out engineering teams as well to help them build the technology that will enable them to manage thousands of titles and campaigns. You’ll be one of the founding engineers on the Los Angeles team, so you’ll need a wide range of experience and the ability to operate autonomously and directly with partners. This position will be part of a larger engineering organization based in Los Gatos, California, so occasional travel to Los Gatos will be needed (don’t worry, we come down to visit LA often, too!)
Required Skills / Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 7+ years experience in software development.
- Expertise in building RESTful backend web services using Java, Ruby, Node or another OO language
- Passion for shipping high quality, elegant, tested code with an aim to delight users.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of the digital advertising space and/or the creative production space
- Experience working with big data systems such as Hadoop, Hive, Presto etc.
- Previous work with distributed teams