About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $1.7 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, we have raised $210M from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 8 million strong customer base who share the experience of renting as being empowering and smart.
Our 1000+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built - proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
Rent the Runway is looking for an innovative marketing leader to transform our Reserve business. Events are a critical driver to our growing business and you will be responsible for identifying all key events throughout the year and maximizing event revenue. From strategy to implementation, you will be responsible for driving both new and repeat customers to rent for these important events. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail and project management skills.
- Develop 360 holistic marketing strategy to grow key events across platforms and channels to maximize revenue
- Identify most critical events that RTR should “own” and analyze revenue potential per event
- Partner with analytics on financial forecasting and analysis of event revenue
- Provide leadership and oversight with marketing team to implement 360 campaigns across channels and drive increased engagement and conversion
- Responsible for creating and managing 365 day cadence for marketing activities including promotions and event specific communications based on revenue target
- Think about out of the box ways to activate against key events – social media, influencers, event/pop-up activations, partnerships, email and new channels to maximize revenue opportunities for the company
- Consistently analyze the competitive landscape
- Partner with inventory team to forecast future buys to support growing event business and provide guidance for onsite merchandising
- Develop customer strategy to deliver best in class experiences around high stake events
- Collaborate with cross-functional team (Analytics, Design/Creative, Product Marketing, CX & Retail) to execute against key events
- Foster external partnerships to help target new customers for key events
- 7+ years prior marketing experience, with strong preference for integrated marketing experience or brand management; MBA preferred
- Highly analytical, focused on informing new insights and scalable campaigns based on examining and gathering data from multiple data sources
- Strong project management skills with experience developing and executing marketing strategy successfully while collaborating cross-functionally
- Strong leadership, analytic and strategic planning skills with a results-oriented mindset
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Collaborative and team oriented
- A self starter, with the ability to think creatively to problem solve
- Ability to develop, execute, and communicate a long-term strategic vision, while also balancing immediate priorities and opportunities
- Possess an entrepreneurial and founder mindset, ready to take on tasks outside of role with strong agility to change and to be flexible/resilient
- Proven ability to project manage and work independently on projects from start to finish
- Ability to thrive and be resourceful in a fast-paced environment