The Black Tux is reinventing the formalwear rental industry so guys can show up at their best on the days that matter most. The company designs and manufactures modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning, tailor-trained fit specialists, and industry-leading customer service, The Black Tux guarantees a perfect fit every time.
We are looking to hire a Head of Engineering. You are obsessed with driving projects, people and technology forward to deliver meaningful business impact, using modern software and development lifecycle techniques. This role will report to the Chief Product Officer.
What You'll Do
- Build and lead an organization of talented managers and engineers to deliver meaningful results for key areas of the business.
- Collaborate with tech leadership during product planning to commit & deliver on roadmaps that consistently hit or exceed their goals.
- Work with tech leadership to improve the product development lifecycle in order to maximize the speed & quality of deployment.
- Attract, recruit, hire and retain top engineering talent.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members.
Who You are
- You have a strong technical background (10+ years in engineering) and still love to code, with familiarity and/or expertise across many modern development languages, especially Python.
- You are the most technical person at the company, but also one of the most humble.
- 5+ years of managing and mentoring engineers, leading multiple teams of engineers and guiding them through their career development.
- You are a proven leader with a track record of building teams that consistently execute and deliver above and beyond results.
- You are an honest leader who believes in transparency: you share openly with your team, and connect with team members personally as well as professionally.
- You are an excellent communicator, able to articulate your viewpoint to achieve the best outcomes.
- You can motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your team.
- You have experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and you’re committed to driving projects to completion creatively.
- You ruthlessly obsess over data and understand how to build a data platform and pipeline.
Benefits and Perks of Working at The Black Tux
- Exciting startup environment
- Weekly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office
- Complimentary dry cleaning & tailoring services
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Paid parking
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Open vacation time
- Stocked kitchen & pantry
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- Monthly team outings
- Free suit and tuxedo rentals
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.