The Program Manager of Forest Software will be responsible for working with leaders across the company to deliver the software stack behind the world’s most powerful computers. In this role you will work with a nascent program management organization and a team of experienced software engineers to manage cost, schedule and performance of engineering projects. You will work with the product and engineering teams to facilitate discussions that will lead to the identification of the engineering milestones required to achieve our business goals, and you will use Agile practices to manage development and delivery of the software product that will empower users to achieve quantum advantage using our quantum computing platform.
Rigetti Computing is building the world’s most powerful computers to help solve humanity’s most pressing and important problems. These systems will perform computations that today’s fastest supercomputers are incapable of— unlocking entirely new classes of problems and offering a direct path to solutions. We are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries. We believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. Rigetti is the only company deploying full-stack solutions for hybrid classical/quantum computing. Our 19-qubit quantum computer is available online through our Forest platform, and the first commercially useful applications are already under exploration.
- Collaborate to build, implement, and manage technology roadmaps for software products
- Establish and monitor program lifecycle processesIdentify, forecast, and manage milestones, risks, and resources in support of achieving program objectives
- Synchronize project managers assigned to various departments and teams
- Gather and assess program performance data to optimize results
- Coordinate with the product management team to align program goals and milestones with customer and business strategy objectives
- Resolve differences, adapt to unexpected events, and facilitate change to achieve outcomes
- Establish and manage expectations and relationships across the company to achieve program goals
- Capture and implement learning to improve programs
- Deliver insights on program status to a variety of stakeholders
- Enthusiastic about contributing to the development of program management functionality in a diverse, fast-paced environment with talented hardware, software, fabrication, and full-stack quantum engineers
- High emotional intelligence, including the ability to lead and inspire peers
- Demonstrated success as a program manager, preferably on technical programs
- Understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Knowledge of change management principles and organizational dynamics
- Robust communication skills with technical experts and diverse stakeholders
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and solve critical challenges in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Bachelor's degree in math, science, engineering, or related technical field
In applying for this position, please include a short description of why you are interested in helping to build out the program management function on our software team and what might make you uniquely suited to do so.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Forest, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. Forest includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.