Submission Deadline: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 13, 2018
TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home - TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
COORDINATOR, FILM CIRCUIT
Reporting to the Manager, Film Circuit, the Coordinator, Film Circuit will be responsible for liaising with designated Film Circuit groups across Canada as well as national exhibition and distribution partners, to programme films in a professional and timely manner, and ensure the successful execution of all bookings.
- Working with Film Circuit groups across Canada on their film programming
- Liaising with distribution partners to confirm film bookings, screening rates, and format availability
- Liaising with exhibition partners to ensure theatre availability and rates
- Liaising with distributors, Film Circuit groups and our Film and Digital Print Services department to help ensure the on time delivery of films (on DCP format) and KDMs
- Previewing Canadian and international films for Film Circuit programming consideration
- Assisting with writing film synopses, programme notes, and Film Circuit newsletter items
- Attending internal and external industry events, as necessary
- Traveling to Film Circuit centres and conducting Q&A sessions with guests, as required
- Collaborating on the annual TIFF Film Circuit Summit during the 2018 Toronto International Film Festival, as needed
- A strong understanding of the TIFF Film Circuit model and knowledge of Canadian and international independent film, the film distribution sector, and grassroots film publicity
- Knowledge of Canadian and international film and the Canadian film industry at large
- At least three years of experience in film booking, programming, distribution or handling in a film related organization
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize competing timelines and priorities in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and the ability to handle difficult situations with aplomb and grace; previous client service experience is an asset
- Ability to meet deadlines
- High computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office and Google Suite of programmes
- Superior organizational skills with a keen eye for detail
- Valid Class “G” license
- Film Studies degree or equivalent film industry experience, an asset
- Bilingualism (English/French) would be considered an asset
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
- July 3rd 2018 – June, 24th 2019 (51 weeks)
How to Submit & Application Deadline
- Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on WEDNESDAY, JUNE 13, 2018.
- All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
- Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodations in our hiring process for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please inform us in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.