Submission Deadline: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 13, 2018.
TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home - TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
Executive Office Intern
Reporting to the Coordinator to the CEO, Executive Office, the Executive Office Intern will work in a fast-paced environment, assisting with Festival preparation and execution, day-to- day office tasks and short-term projects. We are interested in applicants who have a specific interest in Arts Administration or Film. This internship is an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate of an applicable degree or diploma programme.
- Provide support in administrative duties, including: booking, scheduling, reconfirmations and minute taking, faxing, mailing and filing
- Assist with the maintaining and drafting of materials for the Board of Directors
- Manage the Executive Office Festival critical path, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Create and manage Executive Office festival event grid and assist in the preparation of events
- Assist with ticket orders for Festival
- Seat and greet TIFF Board Members and other guests at Festival venues
- Assist Executive Office staff in the stewardship of the Board of Directors, attending Board related functions as necessary
- Research as directed
- Attend internal meetings, as assigned
- Assist with the creation and management of Executive schedules during festival
- Currently enrolled in or a graduate of a post secondary or equivalent programme in arts or cultural management, or film studies
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work well individually and with a team
- Excellent phone manner
- Solid research skills
- High computer proficiency (Microsoft Office experience preferred, knowledge of databases)
- Previous experience using Google Docs and Google Sites for working collaboratively in a team environment
- Familiarity with TIFF and its activities
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
- July 16 – November 2, 2018
How to Submit & Application Deadline
- Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on WEDNESDAY, JUNE 13, 2018.
- All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
- Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodations in our hiring process for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please inform us in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.