Submission Deadline: MONDAY, JUNE 11, 2018
TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home - TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
Festival Venue Logistics Intern
Reporting to the Festival Venue Logistics Coordinator, the Festival Venue Logistics Internwill provide administrative and production support to the Festival Venue Operations team. Responsibilities will include supporting Festival Venues production schedules and administration of all items used by the onsite teams, as well as maintaining operations during the Festival, working with all venue operations staff, stakeholders, volunteers, production crew and other departments.
- Shall include but not limited to:
- Assisting with logistical operations planning including helping with production schedules, inventory management and distribution i.e. radios, signage, etc.
- Creating and updating venue maps and floor plans
- Creating forms, memos and informational paperwork as required including using databases, online forms, web pages and spreadsheets
- Creating and distributing administrative paperwork and supplies associated with the Festival’s venue operations
- Monitoring venue set-up as needed
- During Festival, helping to manage the Festival Venues Head Office, maintaining clear communication with the onsite teams, delivering supplies as needed and assisting at venues if required
- Providing event production support for programming, sponsor and partner activations during load-in, setup, the Festival and load-out
- Monitoring all incoming reports during the Festival, compiling statistics and summaries
- Monitoring social media for venue related posts
- Overseeing volunteers as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal, written, and inter-personal communication skills
- Strong organizational capabilities; detail-oriented; able to multi-task effectively
- Ability to maintain efficiency while working under multiple, strict and tight deadlines
- Excellent time managementand ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Previous film festival, front-of-house, or special event experience and education is an asset
- Experience in event production, logistics coordination, technical setups and site operations an asset
- Proficient using web-based file sharing (Google Docs), Microsoft Office Word, Excel spreadsheets, and databases
- Experience with drawing and mapping software, such as AutoCAD or Microsoft Visio an asset
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Understanding and commitment to creating a superior product
- Experience supervising volunteers an asset
- Flexible work schedule, evening and weekend work is required
- July 9, 2018 – September 28, 2018
How to Submit & Application Deadline
- Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on MONDAY, JUNE 11, 2018.
- All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
- Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodations in our hiring process for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please inform us in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.