Affirm is a data-driven financial technology company. Machine learning is core to our decision making processes, from validating identities and detecting fraud, to credit underwriting and servicing. We seek to revolutionize the credit system by building higher quality alternatives to incumbent systems and methods.
We are looking for a Data Science leader to head fraud-centric initiatives. You will be a technical leader within the data science team, managing a team of data scientists responsible for the fraud-related decisioning at Affirm.
What you'll do
- Design and develop machine learning systems that support our identity verification and fraud detection
- Create and maintain business logic and other decision models
- Research and develop tools to create signals, models, with effective evaluation of potential online performance
- Effectively plan, coordinate, and communicate within the team, as well as cross-functionally with engineering and operations
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
- Strong proficiency and industry experience building and leading the development of machine learning systems
- Deep understanding of models, feature engineering, feature selection, and other applied ML issues
- Experience in Python or other similar language is required
- 5+ years of industry experience with 2+ years of Data Science management experience
- Finance and credit experience is a plus, specific fraud related experience is desired but not required
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Started by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin, Affirm gives consumers the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments. Unlike other credit options, Affirm offers transparent payment terms (no fees or compounding interest), and employs advanced technology to reach a broader consumer population.