Instructure was founded to define, develop, and deploy superior, easy-to-use software. (And that’s what we did / do / will keep on doing.) We are dedicated to the fight against iffy, mothbally, shoddy software. We make better, more usable tools for teaching and learning (you know, stuff people will actually use). A better connected and more open edtech ecosystem. And more effective ways for everyone everywhere to access education, make discoveries, share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. So here’s your opportunity.
We’re hiring a mid to senior level Engineer for our Professional Services team. You’ll be working closely with project managers and customers to build custom solutions and integrations. Our team builds unique solutions to solve customer problems and improve the customer experience. You will be responsible for assisting with technical direction and mentoring other developers.
What you will be doing:
- Building integrations and custom software solutions to solve unique customer problems.
- Following best practices to write well-tested, high performing code.
- Participating in code reviews to ensure that code quality remains high.
- Working with other engineers to drive technical excellence and to delight customers.
Here’s what you will need to know/have:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree or work experience.
- 5+ years experience in software development.
- Proven experiencing in delivering software products.
- Experience writing Java or Ruby web applications, with experiencing in writing unit tests.
- Willingness to learn new languages.
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other RDBMS.
- Self-directed, organized and versatile; willingness to work on a variety of projects as assigned.
- Willingness to collaborate with a team and a focus on delivering value to customers.
- A passion for learning and continuing your professional development.
- Polyglots preferred.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401k
- 100% paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Lots of paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Fitness club memberships and rewards-based fitness tracking
- Fully-stocked kitchens and catered lunches
- iMacs or Macbooks
We participate in eVerify. Equal Opportunity Employer