Instructure was founded to define, develop, and deploy superior, easy-to-use software. (And that’s what we did / do / will keep on doing.) We are dedicated to the fight against iffy, mothbally, shoddy software. We make better, more usable tools for teaching and learning (you know, stuff people will actually use). A better connected and more open edtech ecosystem. And more effective ways for everyone everywhere to access education, make discoveries, share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. So here’s your opportunity.
We are looking for an experienced VP, EMEA & APAC Marketing to work in our London office. This role manages EMEA and APAC marketing teams as well as our international communications team for all our market segments: corporate, higher education, K12, vocational training, and further education. Teams are located in London, Sydney, and Salt Lake City. The role requires extensive travel. It reports to our SVP, Marketing, who leads our global marketing function.
The VP, EMEA & APAC Marketing is responsible for hitting and exceeding goals for sales accepted pipeline in these regions and segments, optimizing marketing for cost-efficiency, driving buzz about us and our product, and driving close alignment with sales, product, and customer success globally and in each region. He or she is also responsible for maintaining brand and messaging alignment while leveraging global assets where appropriate and creating localized materials where necessary.
What success looks like six months in:
- You have created regional marketing plans that support our regional go-to-market plans.
- Our regional execution is closely aligned with the quota coverage needs of sales.
- You have established positive working relationships with your marketing team leaders and personalized development plans to help each of them grow.
- The marketing output and sophistication across messaging, channels, and operations has drastically improved as a result of your coaching and direct involvement.
- All marketing teams are hitting or exceeding goals, and marketing cost-efficiency is improving quarter-over-quarter.
- We have launched, or are close to launching, updated localized websites in all major regions.
- You have defined and implemented a clear model for localizing global assets, and for maximizing the impact of our content investments.
- You have established close working relationships with our HQ team in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA and know who to go to when you need to leverage centralized assets.
- You have established a close relationship with marketing operations and are obsessively using data to optimize processes and messaging.
- You have managed and grown global, multi-location marketing teams before, and bring leading b2b marketing practices with you.
- You put people first, and are committed to developing the people in your team. At the same time, you have high performance standards and hold your team to them.
- You measure yourself by outcomes, and challenge yourself to exceed targets.
- You are ready and able to travel internationally on a frequent basis.
- You are open, honest, and highly collaborative.
- You are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure!
- Excellent benefits and perks, because we want you to be happy, healthy: fully paid private medical insurance, pension, life assurance, personal travel insurance, wellbeing fitness tracking, contribution to your commuter and fitness/welfare, study assistance, study leave, charity leave, childcare vouchers, massages etc.
- Equity!! - Yes, everyone at Instructure gets equity, because your success is the company's success and the company's success, is your success
- 25 days paid annual leave + bank holidays and flexible work schedules
- Fully-stocked kitchens and catered lunches (yay!!)
- iMacs or Macbooks
- Most importantly, you get to work with a tight knit team who embrace innovation and are committed to being excellent at what they do
- Check us out on Glassdoor, to get the low-down from people that are not in the HR or marketing department :)
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be. And when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.