GTL & Telmate. Two technology leaders, one powerful opportunity.
GTL, an innovation leader in correctional technology, education solutions that assist in rehabilitating inmates, and payment services solutions for government. GTL leads the fields of correctional technology, education, and government payment services with visionary solutions and customized products that integrate seamlessly to deliver security, financial value, and operational efficiencies while aiding inmate rehabilitation and reducing recidivism rates.
With the recent acquisition of Telmate, GTL has strengthened its suite of solutions for the corrections industry and expanded its community corrections portfolio with Telmate Guardian, a smartphone-based GPS monitoring solution. As a trusted industry leader, GTL provides services to over 2 million inmates in more than 2,500 correctional facilities in the United States and Canada, including 33 U.S. departments of corrections, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and many large city/county/provincial facilities.
GTL is currently seeking an Installation Technician to join our growing team. The role of the installation Technician is to support installation projects for new and existing clients throughout the United States. The position works in collaboration with a team dedicated to installing and upgrading GTL products and requires the ability to prioritize tasks, proactively identify and address issues, and exercise clear communication. The Installation Technician will be a road warrior, spending 75% of their time traveling to client sites (corrections facilities) while additionally spending time in one or more of GTLs warehouses.
- Complete identified tasks required for successful product implementation, including but not limited to installing phones, stations, kiosks, tablets, and other GTL products and equipment
- Test equipment to ensure proper working condition.
- Identify areas of concern and coordinate/execute prompt resolution and/or initiate escalations to resolve the issue.
- Work collaboratively with the Program Manager, Installation Supervisor, other team members and other departments to address client needs within scope of responsibility.
- Take initiative to proactively identify installation tasks and foresee issues to drive toward expedient delivery of products
- Support warehouse staff with prepping shipments and other logistical tasks
- On occasion as required, support and participate in the repair of Tablets and Tablet Stations.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 4+ years of related experience and/or basic construction skills, including basic carpentry
- Telephony experience is a plus, including implementing conduits and pulling wire
- Basic knowledge of using standard hand-tools
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Basic computer skills, MS Office suite a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up 75% of the time.
- Valid Driver’s License and a good, driving record. Position will require travel to-and-from project sites with the requirement to drive a vehicle/truck with a trailer.
- This role also has requirements that include climbing a ladder, handling equipment, and lifting items up-to and over 50 pounds.
GTL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.