DoubleDutch apps are about more than just social networking — we’re tying people and data together to get the most relevant content in front of users, regardless if they’re attending the event, organizing it, or exhibiting there. We are the largest publisher of iOS and Android apps in the app stores, but we achieve that by building a software platform to scale with our business instead of creating one-off builds for every customer.
We use React Native as a sandboxed environment for custom feature development and rapid prototyping and experimentation. This allows us to keep custom development requests out of our roadmaps and the native mobile code bases.
In addition to mobile, our web-based content management studio for event organizers is built with Angular and TypeScript. Our backend layer consists of services written in Go and Java. We store our data in PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and ElasticSearch & move it around over HTTPS and with queues like RabbitMQ.
We like deploying and running our code in Docker containers for maximum portability and scalability. We work with an agile mindset, and empower our teams to modify their workflow as needed to land on something that works best for them as a group.
Our software scales to meet the needs of millions of users, yet our team is small enough that every engineer has a direct impact on how our customers experience our products.
We believe in a native experience for our Android and iOS mobile apps, so you should be passionate about crafting intuitive user experiences within the iOS ecosystems. At the same time, you also recognize that a consistent technical strategy that spans across platforms is the key to a product that users love and that engineers can scale.
DoubleDutch needs you to help accelerate how we work and grow. We're a highly collaborative team so expect to interface with other engineers, product, design, customer support, and more during your day-to-day. Your exceptional attention to detail, open communication style, initiative-taking habits always keep things moving forward.
Excited yet? Great! We want to hear from you.
- Build beautiful native iOS applications
- Help to architect sophisticated, responsive mobile applications
- Write organized and structured code
- Identify and fix performance problems
- Prototype new ideas and explore new technologies
- Work across disciplines with team members representing product, design, and web development
- Work with a small team on projects that directly impact the end user
- 1+ years experience developing iOS mobile applications
- Proficient with objective-c (swift not required but a plus) related mobile frameworks
- Competent in mobile design patterns and mobile API design
- Passionate about end-to-end user experience design
- Experience with RESTful architectures
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with git, jenkins, and github
- Experience using iTunes Connect
- Affinity for coffee or tea in any form
- A great sense of humor
DoubleDutch is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.