Turbonomic has been named one of Forbes Most Promising Companies and Inc. Magazine’s list of "America’s 500 Fastest-Growing Private Companies". Launched in 2010, and an ideally located in Boston’s Back Bay, Turbonomic is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the virtualization and cloud space and is playing a critical role in the global transformation of IT in the digital age. We’re helping to solve a growing problem: enterprises around the world are placing increased pressure on their IT groups to become more agile and efficient than ever before. This has led to a proliferation of apps/workloads while increasing the importance of making sure performance is assured while resource utilization is maximized. Turbonomic alleviates this stress – allowing IT teams to put application performance on auto-pilot and significantly reducing unplanned work.
Our team is looking for an Assistant Controller. This role is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced accounting professional seeking a fast paced, dynamic and high energy work environment. The Assistant Controller will manage the day to day accounting operations. The Assistant Controller will ensure that systems and procedures are in place to support effective internal controls implementation as well as coordinate and conduct external financial audits. This role will require collaboration with almost all aspects of the business, with primary goals of ensuring accurate recognition and reporting of all transactions, and helping the organization hit its financial goals. This role reports to the Corporate Controller.
What you'll do:
- Manage daily accounting operations, including handling general ledger and reviewing journal entries.
- Manage AP personnel and AP processes.
- Confirm proper treatment and compliance of all accounting transactions under U.S. GAAP.
- Oversight of month-end close, including review of account reconciliations, ensuring integrity of financial statements.
- Perform reconciliations, budget variance, and trend analyses as needed.
- Liaise with external auditors, including performing walkthroughs and responding to audit requests.
- Actively participate in the implementation and monitoring of internal controls and establishment of accounting procedures.
- Participate in the maintenance of the general ledger system, ensuring that account and cost centers are opened, deactivated timely, and organized appropriately.
- Responsible for timely reporting and compliance of financial information and reporting.
- Provide leadership and effective management, development, and evaluation of staff.
- Continuously find opportunities to improve existing processes and internal controls to build more efficiency and mitigate risks.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned by the Corporate Controller.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant required
- Minimum 5 years of related accounting and finance experience, as well as managerial experience. Software or technology industry experience a plus.
- Must work well in a dynamic, high growth environment
- Current knowledge and experience with various accounting standards, principles, and pronouncements
- Effective and efficient, well-organized with ability to be hands-on and detail oriented
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills dealing with all levels within the organization
- Experience preparing U.S. GAAP financial statements.
- Experience using financial system/ERP (NetSuite a plus)
- Experience with expense management software (Concur a plus)
- Advanced experience MS Excel
Benefits & Perks:
Health, dental and vision coverage – health is a #1 priority here… also, eat your fruit!
Career advancement – jump in, make an impact and shape your career
Unlimited Paid Time Off – visit mom, see a doctor or travel the world… must take pictures
Pre-tax benefits: Medical, Dependent Care, Commuter, 401k
Access to executives – no doors are closed, collaborate with them and make friends
Beer Fridays, unlimited snacks, cold brew coffee – physiological needs, check.
Game rooms – play a round of billiards, ping pong or game on Xbox
Turbonomic delivers enterprise organizations with automation software that enables on-premises and public cloud to self-manage in real-time, thereby assuring performance while lowering cost and maintaining compliance with business policies. The Turbonomic platform matches workload demand to infrastructure supply, helping customers maintain a continuous state of application health. Serving customers since 2010, Boston-based Turbonomic is one of the fastest growing technology companies, trusted by thousands of enterprise organizations to activate their hybrid cloud journey. Turbonomic was recently named a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, a CRN Tech Innovator of the Year in 2017 and #1 Cloud Management Platform by IT Central Station. Come make an impact with us