If the project management triangle trembles in the wake of your awesomeness and web development is your preferred playground, we've got a dream job for you.
We’re looking for qualified Project Managers to join our team in sunny Sacramento, CA. This is a chance to work with a group of talented creatives building the largest eCommerce partner company in the world. At BVAccel, we relentlessly pursue profits for our clients while creating online experiences that delight consumers.
As a BVAccel Project Manager, you will work alongside our Account Strategists to build incredible eCommerce experiences - ensuring we do so on time and on budget. You will manage multiple web builds for brands you've heard of and love. You will work day-to-day with our gifted Designers, Developers, and CRO Strategists to deliver on overall project scope. You'll lead the team to success by balancing scope, timeline and budget and you'll produce work that will bolster your professional resume for years to come.
It's a fit for you if...
- You have at least 2-3 years of Project Management experience particularly in web
- You have previous experience managing timeline, budget and scope for eCommerce projects and high-profile clientele
- You have previous agency experience
- You are a gifted and passionate communicator and can clearly articulate project requirements to Designers and Developers
- You're proficient in creating and driving project requirements
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about eCommerce, UX, and CRO
- You understand analytics and data and how to leverage data
- You possess exemplary organizational skills and can manage multiple competing priorities with ease
- You have the ability to think on your feet and make quick decisions
- You thrive in a high freedom, high responsibility environments
- You’re low ego and high sense of humor
- You’re looking to work in a truly collaborative setting with other creatives and are generally fun to work with
Your baseline skills...
- 2-3 years of Project Management experience particularly in web
- Demonstrated experience in eCommerce and web development
- Demonstrated proficiency with project scoping, planning, forecasting and budgeting
- Demonstrated experience in resource management or planning work for a cross-functional team
- Experience building project backlogs, MVPs and experience with feature release planning
- Strong proficiency with today's leading Project Management software / digital tools
- Proven track record of operational leadership
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Well versed in UX best practices, particularly for eCommerce
Bonus points for...
- Experience working on Magento or Shopify platforms
- Experience working with Optimizely or other CRO platform
- Trained in Agile Methodologies, Scrum (CSPO)
- Demonstrated proficiency with eCommerce QA Testing
- Google Analytics certified
- Optimizely experience and/or certified
- Familiarity with leading Shopify 3rd Party Integrations
Stuff you'll do...
- Manage all aspects of Shopify eCommerce website projects including new builds, re-platforming projects and retainer projects (typically leveraging both Shopify+ and Optimizely )
- Lead cross-functional team in day-to-day activities and quality execution
- Plan and organize all client work (release planning, pre-planning, & sprint planning) across multiple projects and clients
- Forecast timelines and project delivery dates -- communicating these internally and updating in real time
- Plan and assign all work for Designers and Developers on dedicated team
- Make data-driven decisions and solve client challenges on a day-to-day basis; balancing client need with project budget and scope
- Based on skill set, resources and operational proficiencies, help determine how projects are prioritized and assigned
- Help deliver time estimates for Design and Development work and requests quickly; set timelines for teams to follow based on paid client work and all booked client priorities and timelines
- Manage and adjust team’s capacity to ensure project milestones are met, make updates to project invoices ensuring payment is in receipt before applicable project phases
- Own team profitability through efficient resource allocation and setting proper goals
- Set strategy and plan work for retainer clients on a monthly basis, working closely with Account Strategists and CRO Strategists. Balance priorities across Shopify implementations and feature requests, and conversion testing priorities
- Work with Account Strategists to manage client expectations (especially during requirements gathering & UAT or QA testing)
- Coordinate with 3rd party vendors for feature implementations, replatforming projects, testing campaigns, etc. (e.g. Optimizely, Klaviyo, Bronto, etc.)
- Create and maintain website documentation and process documentation for web builds
- Work with Account Strategists to train clients on Shopify platform post site build
- Manage entire UAT / QA phase for Shopify builds and re-platforming initiatives
- Manage all outsourced Design and Development projects via qualified contractors, maintain working relationship with contracting resources for times of low capacity or specialized projects
Values we live by...
- Lead with results - We look for candidates with strong results focus & initiative, great attention to detail and consistent self direction & action
- Build the better - We look for team members who have a strong track record of creative & innovative thinking, the ability to make an improvement impact and a strong desire to make additive contributions
- Optimize inward - We look for influencers with strong technical expertise, a passion for development & continual learning and a solid sense of ownership
- Stay gritty - Our team members have tremendous follow through, impeccable problem solving skills & and a consistent solutions focus; we live and breath agility
- Offer excellence - Our top performers are relentlessly customer and client focused and provide valuable consultation to others; we thrive on communication and teamwork
Perks you'll love...
- Incredible people, a truly collaborative team and the ability to make a big impact in digital’s most exciting space
- Amazing work environment (2017 San Diego Business Journal's Best Places to Work Award; 2017 San Diego Business Journal's #9 Fastest Growing Companies Award)
- Competitive Salaries
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance through Cigna
- Unlimited PTO Policy
- 401k through Co-Pilot (employee only contributions)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Monthly Catered Lunches & Team Lunch Roulettes
- Free Parking
- An active Culture Calendar including: team happy hours, Lunch & Learns, enrichment events and more
- Ping pong and other fun office games
- Free Products from premier clients
- Casual dress code
- Local fitness and dining discounts through One America Plaza; Concierge service for local events
- Company sponsorship of continuing education
- Engagements with premier brands including Kopari Beauty, MVMT Watches, Good American, Kylie Cosmetics, Boll & Branch and many more
Your next steps are...
- Along with your application, please respond to the following questions:
- Approximately how many web development projects have you managed to date? Please describe some of the most complex or interesting ones.
- How would you approach starting a new web / eCommerce project that has been sold?
- An eCommerce client has a product page that is converting particularly low. What types of things might the client test in order to improve conversion?
Brand Value Accelerator (BVAccel) is one of the pioneer Shopify Plus Partners and the fastest growing Shopify agency in the world. We are innovative, data-driven experts from across the eCommerce sector and we maintain impactful partnerships with Shopify, Optimizely and Google. With a best-in-class technology stack we create valuable shopping experiences that serve as the foundation of revenue acceleration. We create mobile-first shopping experiences that are anchored in the three pillars of eCommerce: acquisition, conversion and retention. We are informed by data and inspired by design. The results are unparalleled customer experiences that are highly converting and promote limitless growth.
With five offices located in New York City, Columbus, Tijuana, Los Angeles, and the heart of San Diego's business district, BVAccel has cultivated a work environment that fosters amazing eCommerce creations.