Founded in 1988 by Bill Guthy and Greg Renker, Guthy-Renker has been the preeminent leader in direct-response marketing. As a pioneer ahead of its time, Guthy-Renker built a powerhouse in the direct-to-consumer beauty industry by marketing via infomercials, television ads, direct mail, telemarketing, e-mail marketing, and the Internet. As of 2014, the company has 8 different product groups, with a heavy emphasis on celebrity-endorsed beauty products.
Some additional highlights:
· Guthy-Renker's revenues grew from $400 million in 2001 to $1.5 billion by 2009.
· Drives an estimated $1.8B in revenue for beauty products, distributed in 68+ countries.
· Owns brands such as: Proactiv, Meaningful Beauty, Crepe Erase, Perricone MD, Wen Haircare, Sheer Cover Studio, X Out, and formerly IT Cosmetics (acquired by L’Oreal).
· Company is planning on launching 5 additional brands in the near term.
· Formed a joint venture with Nestle Skin Health in 2016.
THE OPPORTUNITY: HEAD OF COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Guthy-Renker is seeking a Senior Manager or Director (title flexible for right candidate) of Community Engagement to build a world-class social media response strategy that will uphold the individual brands’ voice; efficiently addresses customer service inquiries that arise through social channels; and maintain a timely, responsive, effective and efficient public social media conversation.
The primary focus is to engage, inspire and elevate multiple beauty brands across various social channels including, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, from conversations generated by both organic and paid (ads). The position will partner closely with brand management, digital marketing and vendor partner teams to ensure day to day operations and KPI’s are consistently met.
The ideal candidate will bring deep expertise with social media platforms, community engagement strategies, and customer care/service. The position will manage and lead a team to execute against the strategy.
· Develop, build, execute and manage a best-in-class social media community management and customer care strategy.
· Ensure timely and positive experiences for community members of Guthy-Renker’s brands.
· Monitor social channels and social conversations in real-time and with scheduled posts (includes evenings and weekends).
· Encourage social engagement, conversations and testimonials from brand super fans/advocates.
· Evaluate and optimize the social media management software tool for improved customer experience and social care.
· Manage external relationships with social media agencies and social media management tools.
· Lead community management team of beauty expert advisors. Ensure responses are timely, positive and on brand (voice and tone).
· Direct community management team on social media campaign support, improved workflow requirements and KPI results.
· Continuously improve beauty expert advisor responses through timely audits.
· Develop clear social media rules of engagement and work closely with brand management and customer experience to build relevant social media response grids.
· Oversee and manage monthly social customer care reports, expenses, analytics and insights.
· Partner with brand management and agencies to ensure brand tone and voice is consistent across social channels.
· Partner with digital marketing to build community management support model that scales with media investment and campaign calendars.
· EDUCATION: BA/BS degree (Marketing, Communications or Business Degree Preferred). Advanced degree a plus.
· EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of experience in community management and social media.
· 7+ years of professional experience in marketing related fields (branding and/or channel marketing, PR).
· Beauty industry background is preferred.
· Background with subscription business models preferred.
· Previous experience with managing agencies and vendors.
· Proficient in social analytics and publishing tools.
· Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
· Strategic thinker with a keen sense of attention to detail.
· Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal).
· Flexible, adaptable and team oriented.
· Self-motivated and operates with a sense of urgency.
· Hands-on, completes tasks and is dependable, and proactive in nature.
· Join a fast-growing industry leader, to develop, build and establish a best-in-class social media driven community engagement program.
· Competitive compensation plan + benefits and perks.