Sidecar Health is looking for a medical billing and coding specialist with a start-up mindset that wants to join a
dynamic team that is disrupting the healthcare industry.
The ideal candidate should have an in-depth understanding of coding practices in the US. The billing and coding specialist will be working closely with our product and claims teams to develop a taxonomy of the codes for ease of use by the consumer and for reimbursement purposes. The role will be responsible for maintaining the taxonomy, reimbursement tables, and providing input into the administration of the plan. The role involves establishing best practices for the claims and product team on everything medical code related.
The candidate should be a motivated self-starter and have a desire to be innovative and improve the way health insurance is done in the US.
- Work with product team to create integral part of product geared toward providing transparency around cost and ease of use to the consumer
- Work with insurance team to create claim reimbursement structure
- Devise a plan for providing consumers with accurate billing estimates
- Work with code service providers to manage data flow
- Work with product and technology teams to QA coding and rate data flow
- Create rules for bundling codes for different procedures and events across all specialties
- Establish and monitor coding review process for claims
- Continuously test product to make sure coding and estimation rules are observed
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Deep knowledge of HCPCS, ICD10, DRG codes and their relationship to each other and other codes to calculate appropriate reimbursements
- 3+ years of working with medical billing codes
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate in verbal and written form
- Passion for the company’s mission
- BA/BS degree with preference to math, science, economics or engineering
- Ability to work in our El Segundo, CA office five days a week
Why Work at Sidecar Health:
· You will work in an awesome startup atmosphere
· You will have a lot of responsibility and many opportunities to advance your career
· You will have the opportunity to do a lot of different things, as we are a small team who needs team members that are willing to wear multiple hats
· You will learn from true innovators and get first-hand experience of working for a real startup
· You will gain recognition for your contributions
· Your hard work, ownership, and self-sustainability will be greatly valued
At Sidecar Health, we’re on a mission to change the health care system for the better. Our focus is on tackling one of the biggest problems plaguing the system – transparency. Our members know exactly what their health care services cost and what they will have to pay vs. the traditional model of receiving care and getting the bill months later. Our personalized and affordable plans empower individuals to choose the coverage they need that fits within their budget.
We are a passionate group of people developing a health insurance product that works the way we think health insurance should work.