Sidecar Health is looking for a hands-on Data Specialist with a start-up mindset that wants to join a dynamic team that is disrupting the healthcare industry. Our ideal candidate will be working very closely with our engineering and business stakeholders to propose and roll out a data strategy for the organization.
We are a startup, and everyone here wears multiple hats. As we continue grow our business, and our appetite for data insight increases, this role will also continue to expand.
To begin with the ideal person should be a strong hands-on developer with programming experience in languages like SQL, Python, Java and R and collaborate with our product and engineering team in the design and implementation of data engineering tasks.
The candidates should also have in-depth understanding of real-time data harvesting, parsing, storing and modeling for reporting purposes, and will be responsible for architecture and design of Enterprise Data Hub, Data Lake and Data Catalogs, that are integrated into a converged data landscape to support our business operational objectives.
- Design and architect our data infrastructure from the ground up to be scalable and secure, working alongside engineering and business stakeholders. Hands-on implementation of the design/architecture.
- Implement pipeline and processing jobs for collecting and storing data from disparate systems
- Work with real-time data streams from multiple internal/external sources
- Ensure smooth ongoing operations of various data platforms with high availability while making continuous improvements
- Provide scalable solutions to manage large imports and implement operations procedures as necessary.
- Design robust enterprise data resource management policies including security, backup and recovery, performance monitoring and tuning and high availability
- Participate in peer code reviews and be comfortable in writing high quality documentation about their work
- Evangelize BI team roadmap and help promote insights-driven culture; Bridge-building between analysts, business end users, and tech
- Delivery of solutions that are designed for performance, reporting, and analysis
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- A Developer to Architect, the whole 9 yards. From making the data query able to be driving the data development activities: Engaging with product and business stakeholders in understanding their data needs, design code and test. This is the latitude and freedom of execution you will be getting from this role!
- Demonstrate experience working in large-scale data environments which includes ETL, real-time and batch processing requirements
- Strong data modeling skills (relational, dimensional and flattened) and analytical SQL skills, with attention to detail
- Deep understanding of the importance of data security and compliance (HIPAA, PCI, PII) and use that experience and knowledge in designing and delivering large scale, 24-7, mission-critical data pipelines and features using modern big data architectures
- Has strong interpersonal communication skills; effectively communicates in verbal and written form
- BA/BS in related field, or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- Architect secure, scalable, cloud-based solutions that are HIPAA and/or PCI compliant
- Experience integrating data from multiple data sources and file types such as JSON, XMS, CSV and non-traditional data structures
- Knowledge of Java, Node JS, Python
- Hands-on experience with Spark and Athena
- Experience in technologies like Amazon Redshift, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, SQL Server, or advanced analytics tools is a plus
- Knowledge working with GIT or any other version control system.
- Experience working in a fast paced/startup environment
- Masters in CS, Analytics or other related advanced degree program
Why Work at Sidecar Health:
• You will work in an awesome startup atmosphere
• You will have a lot of responsibility and many opportunities to advance your career
• You will have the opportunity to do a lot of different things, as we are a small team who needs team members that are willing to wear multiple hats
• You will learn from true innovators and get first-hand experience of working for a real startup
• You will gain recognition for your contributions
• Your hard work, ownership, and self-sustainability will be greatly valued
At Sidecar Health, we’re on a mission to change the health care system for the better. Our focus is on tackling one of the biggest problems plaguing the system – transparency. Our members know exactly what their health care services cost and what they will have to pay vs. the traditional model of receiving care and getting the bill months later. Our personalized and affordable plans empower individuals to choose the coverage they need that fits within their budget.
We are a passionate group of people developing a health insurance product that works the way we think health insurance should work.