Qubole, the leading cloud-agnostic, big data-as-a-service provider, is passionate about making data-driven insights easily accessible to anyone. Qubole delivers the industry’s first autonomous data platform. The cloud-based data platform, Qubole Data Service (QDS), removes the burden of maintaining infrastructure of multiple big data processing engines, and enables customers to focus on their data. Qubole customers process nearly an exabyte of data every month. Qubole investors include Charles River, Institutional Venture Partners, Lightspeed, Norwest, Harmony and Singtel Innov8.
What you'll be doing
- Work within the team to design, develop, deploy and operate security technologies and solve challenges around events, alerts, monitoring, intrusion detection, vulnerability detection and tracking, file integrity monitoring and other similar technologies and challenges at cloud scale
- Find the best ways to monitor and automate the security on/in multiple production environments to achieve available, reliable, stable, consistency and most importantly secure services that we offer to our customers
- Find the best ways to identify security risks and incidents and suggest improvements and create automation as needed to detect and mitigate those risks
- Be able to analyze problems, and engineer solutions that are reproducible and capable of being handed off to other teams
- Operate and improve custom scripts and create new processes to support growing demand in the big data space securely
- Support Incident Response and suggest improvements and changes to same as needed
- Identify improvements to and as needed write scripts to automate security technologies to improve our ability to implement in cloud-based infrastructure (new environments, redeployments, updates, and upgrades). Ideally using Python or Ruby as these are frequently used throughout our organization
- Research, document and solve complex security problems. These could include developing an encryption key management (PKI using reputable public sources), testing and deploying DLP, Creating a API automation, etc…
Required experiences and skills
- Strong technical skills and the ability to learn and continue to maintain cutting edge skills and knowledge on a variety of technical areas (Unix/Linux, Application Security, Vulnerability Management, Incident Management, etc…)
- At least 3+ years in a relevant technology field with at least two years being in a technical security role with the ability to demonstrate and produce examples of your relevant work
- Effective communication; in both written and oral communication. Be able to break down complex topics and be able to educate others on security concepts
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others and the ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrate high energy and a sense of urgency and work within potentially compressed time frames
- Strong analytical and logistical skills with equally strong attention to details
- Experience developing best practices and written documentation for all existing security implementations and technology.
- Understanding of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance with all regulations and frameworks we align to (e.g. PCI-DSS, HIPAA)
- Experience with Incident Handling and working under extreme pressure
- Ability to grow and adapt, learn and instruct others on security and technical concepts and ideas
- Comfortable in a startup environment with flexible work schedules and occasional after-hours work needs
- Experience and understanding of engineering processes, especially SDLC
- Bachelors degree in CS/Eng required, masters/ Ph.D. a plus
Qubole is hitting that growth inflection point where we need talented people to help us scale up. Our company culture is special, and we are looking for people to join us who want to continue building a great company while going after the big data activation market.
If you want to get technical, click here
for a 5 min run down of how Qubole works
Watch a talk given by our CEO here
Culture at Qubole
Trust and Autonomy: We absolutely pride ourselves on the lack of bureaucracy at work, and believe in delegating power and responsibility, aggressively to our employees.
Transparency and Teamwork: Complete transparency in all our thoughts and actions is integral to our genetic character, and it helps us to stick together and function effectively as a team.
Who Thrives: If you are a self-starter and thrive on complexity and independence and truly understand and live the tenets of humility, hunger and honesty and you will love Qubole.
Qubole is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Qubole does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Qubole also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.