Qubole, the leading cloud-agnostic, big data-as-a-service provider, is passionate about making data-driven insights easily accessible to anyone. Qubole delivers the industry’s first autonomous data platform. The cloud-based data platform, Qubole Data Service (QDS), removes the burden of maintaining infrastructure of multiple big data processing engines, and enables customers to focus on their data. Qubole customers process nearly an exabyte of data every month. Qubole investors include Charles River, Institutional Venture Partners, Lightspeed, Norwest, Harmony and Singtel Innov8.
We are looking for an engineer to build complex production-scale systems that work across all public clouds with no-fuss and no downtime. These systems provide highly available and reliable platform infrastructure for other services to build upon.
What you'll be doing
- Design, develop and debug complex software systems
- Build large-scale distributed systems that work reliably on all the public clouds (AWS, Azure, Oracle, GCP)
- Work with various big data engines in Qubole to integrate your platform features with the engines
- Build features that require making changes across multiple layers of the Qubole stack
- Represent engineering in discussions with external partners (such as Azure, Oracle, GCE) and as needed with customers onboarding to Qubole on various public clouds
Required experiences and skills
- Extensive development experience in one or more of Python, Java, Ruby, C/C++/C#
- Hands-on experience building and debugging complex production systems on the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, Openstack) and/or deep in the guts of file systems, operating systems, database back-ends
- Good understanding of concurrency control, multi-threading and parallel processing
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Comfortable working with geographically distributed development teams
- Bachelors degree in CS/Eng required, masters/ Ph.D. a plus
- Experience with containers and/or their orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm)
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.
Qubole is hitting that growth inflection point where we need talented people to help us scale up. Our company culture is special, and we are looking for people to join us who want to continue building a great company while going after the big data activation market.
If you want to get technical, click here
for a 5 min run down of how Qubole works
Watch a talk given by our CEO here
Culture at Qubole
Trust and Autonomy: We absolutely pride ourselves on the lack of bureaucracy at work, and believe in delegating power and responsibility, aggressively to our employees.
Transparency and Teamwork: Complete transparency in all our thoughts and actions is integral to our genetic character, and it helps us to stick together and function effectively as a team.
Who Thrives: If you are a self-starter and thrive on complexity and independence and truly understand and live the tenets of humility, hunger and honesty and you will love Qubole.
Qubole is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Qubole does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Qubole also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.