Qubole, the leading cloud-agnostic, big data-as-a-service provider, is passionate about making data-driven insights easily accessible to anyone. Qubole delivers the industry’s first autonomous data platform. The cloud-based data platform, Qubole Data Service (QDS), removes the burden of maintaining infrastructure of multiple big data processing engines, and enables customers to focus on their data. Qubole customers process nearly an exabyte of data every month. Qubole investors include Charles River, Institutional Venture Partners, Lightspeed, Norwest, Harmony and Singtel Innov8.
As an early engineer in Qubole working in these areas - you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of open source and proprietary technologies, participate in building and architecting next generation cloud-native data processing systems and work closely with customers in furthering their use cases. The future in these areas is yet to be invented and we at Qubole look forward to be an important part of it!
What you'll be doing
- Design, develop and debug complex software systems in the area of parallel data processing and database internals.
- Develop internal services for various data processing components.
- Work on the internals of Open-Source projects like Hive, Spark, Presto, and Hadoop.
- Benchmark and improve the performance of such systems in AWS and other clouds.
- Architect and develop cloud-native modules like automatic-scaling and caching in these systems.
- Develop software to package and deploy such software for distribution as a cloud-based service.
Required experiences and skills
- Expert level programming ability in either of Java, C/C++ or C#.
- Expert in software development in the Unix environment
- Experience developing and debugging complex systems software like database/file-system/kernel internals
- Experience developing and debugging large scale web services in the area of Web-Search and Advertising Systems
- Experience with performance benchmarking and optimization and a strong understanding of hardware hierarchies
- Strong grasp of concurrency control, multi-threading and parallel processing
- Bachelors degree in CS/Eng required, masters/ Ph.D. a plus
- Academic experience in the area of distributed systems and query processing a plus
- Prior experience in actively contributing to open source projects like Hadoop/Spark/Hive/HBase
- Experience in using or building Cloud IaaS services like AWS/GCE/Azure and building blocks like Docker/Mesos
We are also open to engineers working from remote locations for this position
Qubole is hitting that growth inflection point where we need talented people to help us scale up. Our company culture is special, and we are looking for people to join us who want to continue building a great company while going after the big data activation market.
If you want to get technical, click here
for a 5 min run down of how Qubole works
Watch a talk given by our CEO here
Culture at Qubole
Trust and Autonomy: We absolutely pride ourselves on the lack of bureaucracy at work, and believe in delegating power and responsibility, aggressively to our employees.
Transparency and Teamwork: Complete transparency in all our thoughts and actions is integral to our genetic character, and it helps us to stick together and function effectively as a team.
Who Thrives: If you are a self-starter and thrive on complexity and independence and truly understand and live the tenets of humility, hunger and honesty and you will love Qubole.
Qubole is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Qubole does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Qubole also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.