Qubole, the leading cloud-agnostic, big data-as-a-service provider, is passionate about making data-driven insights easily accessible to anyone. Qubole delivers the industry’s first autonomous data platform. The cloud-based data platform, Qubole Data Service (QDS), removes the burden of maintaining infrastructure of multiple big data processing engines, and enables customers to focus on their data. Qubole customers process nearly an exabyte of data every month. Qubole investors include Charles River, Institutional Venture Partners, Lightspeed, Norwest, Harmony and Singtel Innov8.
As a member of the product marketing team you will create and communicate compelling narratives, create messaging and content for various initiatives, and own a set of sales plays. You will play a key role in product launches, sales training, marketing campaigns, account-based marketing initiatives, and partner-related marketing activities.
What you'll be doing
- You are the expert on market trends and the competitive landscape in the big data and cloud markets
- You will create content, assets, and tools to support our various initiatives. These will include: eBooks, articles, blogs, podcasts, sales presentations, ROI tools, and other market-facing materials
- Develop and communicate Qubole’s key capabilities, differentiators, benefits, and use cases for target customer segments and sales plays
- Direct outbound marketing strategies to improve awareness and market position, as well as increase share of voice and sales pipeline
- Deliver high-impact sales tools and training compatible with our different sales channel requirements
- Partner with the Business Development team on alliances/partner marketing strategy and plans
- We anticipate travel will take up about 25% of your time, both domestic and international
Required experiences and skills
- At least 5 years in a product marketing role in a Big Data and/or Analytics enterprise software company.
- Proven experience developing audience-based strategies and content in line with a built-for-cloud business model
- Extensive experience developing and validating positioning, messaging, competition, segmentation, and go-to-market strategy for a fast-paced, high growth technology market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with sales, C-level, and partner audiences
- Able to go deep technically in order to intimately understand products
- Analytical and detail-oriented, but practical, with a keen ability to juggle concurrent projects
- Ability to establish goals and set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through with timely execution in a fluid, cross-functional team environment
- Track record developing outbound marketing campaigns including creative message execution
- Experience managing marketing budgets
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred
Qubole is hitting that growth inflection point where we need talented people to help us scale up. Our company culture is special, and we are looking for people to join us who want to continue building a great company while going after the big data activation market.
If you want to get technical, click here
for a 5 min run down of how Qubole works
Watch a talk given by our CEO here
Culture at Qubole
Trust and Autonomy: We absolutely pride ourselves on the lack of bureaucracy at work, and believe in delegating power and responsibility, aggressively to our employees.
Transparency and Teamwork: Complete transparency in all our thoughts and actions is integral to our genetic character, and it helps us to stick together and function effectively as a team.
Who Thrives: If you are a self-starter and thrive on complexity and independence and truly understand and live the tenets of humility, hunger and honesty and you will love Qubole.
Qubole is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Qubole does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Qubole also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.