Qubole, the leading cloud-agnostic, big data-as-a-service provider, is passionate about making data-driven insights easily accessible to anyone. Qubole delivers the industry’s first autonomous data platform. The cloud-based data platform, Qubole Data Service (QDS), removes the burden of maintaining infrastructure of multiple big data processing engines, and enables customers to focus on their data. Qubole customers process nearly an exabyte of data every month. Qubole investors include Charles River, Institutional Venture Partners, Lightspeed, Norwest, Harmony and Singtel Innov8.
Solutions Architects are a critical part of the Qubole team. They work closely with our sales team as their technical partners in all the phases of the sales process – from evangelizing and demonstrating the technology to prospects, to defining and executing proof of concepts and answering any technical questions around Qubole’s service and how it solves the client’s big data problems. In addition, they are also involved post-sales in supporting implementations and usage of Qubole by our clients and play a big part in making the Qubole service successful for our clients.
What you'll be doing
- You are the key player in technical sales and evangelization of our products
- You'll be running proof of concepts, and you'll do what it takes to make them successful
- You'll play a key role in helping clients in post-sales implementations and supporting them through their use of the Qubole service
- You serve as a voice of the customer with the rest of the team at Qubole for improvement of messaging, processes and product features
Required experiences and skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and demonstration skills and a good understanding of the sales and post-sales processes
- Ability to write scripts and small program utilities to help during proof of concepts and implementations phases
- Strong grasp of cloud infrastructure such as Amazon web services, google compute etc.
- Strong grasp of JVM concepts and Java applications
- Firm grasp of SQL, data warehousing, ETL concepts
- Firm grasp of how a full stack application works right from the web tier, application tier, and the database tier
- Experience in defining and executing enterprise proof of concepts
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Pig and related big data technologies
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services especially EC2 and S3
Qubole is hitting that growth inflection point where we need talented people to help us scale up. Our company culture is special, and we are looking for people to join us who want to continue building a great company while going after the big data activation market.
If you want to get technical, click here
for a 5 min run down of how Qubole works
Watch a talk given by our CEO here
Culture at Qubole
Trust and Autonomy: We absolutely pride ourselves on the lack of bureaucracy at work, and believe in delegating power and responsibility, aggressively to our employees.
Transparency and Teamwork: Complete transparency in all our thoughts and actions is integral to our genetic character, and it helps us to stick together and function effectively as a team.
Who Thrives: If you are a self-starter and thrive on complexity and independence and truly understand and live the tenets of humility, hunger and honesty and you will love Qubole.
Qubole is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Qubole does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Qubole also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.