Qubole, the leading cloud-agnostic, big data-as-a-service provider, is passionate about making data-driven insights easily accessible to anyone. Qubole delivers the industry’s first autonomous data platform. The cloud-based data platform, Qubole Data Service (QDS), removes the burden of maintaining infrastructure of multiple big data processing engines, and enables customers to focus on their data. Qubole customers process nearly an exabyte of data every month. Qubole investors include Charles River, Institutional Venture Partners, Lightspeed, Norwest, Harmony and Singtel Innov8.
We are looking for an experienced senior engineer to evolve and transform complex production-scale systems that work all the time with no-fuss and no downtime. These systems provide highly available and reliable platform infrastructure for other services to build upon.
What you'll be doing
- Design, develop and debug complex software systems that are the underpinnings for Qubole’s big data engines
- Architect and implement large-scale distributed systems that work reliably on all the public clouds (AWS, Azure, Oracle, GCP)
- Build features that will require working across different layers of the Qubole stack
- Hold a high bar for scale, performance and reliability of all your designs & code
- Mentor junior engineers and ensure completeness of their design & code
- Be a role model in the engineering organization based on your technical contributions, aptitude, and maturity
Required experiences and skills
- Extensive development experience in one or more of Python, Java, Ruby, C/C++/C#.
- Hands-on experience designing, building and debugging complex production systems on the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, Openstack) and/or deep in the guts of file systems, operating systems, database back-ends
- Is the go-to engineer in the company for her/his areas of ownership
- Effortlessly collaborates across teams and works across components for his features
- Strong grasp over concurrency control, multi-threading and parallel processing
- Has worked in agile software development cycles
- Comfortable working with geographically distributed development teams
- Bachelors degree in CS/Eng required, masters/ Ph.D. a plus
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with containers and/or their orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm)
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc a plus
Qubole is hitting that growth inflection point where we need talented people to help us scale up. Our company culture is special, and we are looking for people to join us who want to continue building a great company while going after the big data activation market.
If you want to get technical, click here
for a 5 min run down of how Qubole works
Watch a talk given by our CEO here
Culture at Qubole
Trust and Autonomy: We absolutely pride ourselves on the lack of bureaucracy at work, and believe in delegating power and responsibility, aggressively to our employees.
Transparency and Teamwork: Complete transparency in all our thoughts and actions is integral to our genetic character, and it helps us to stick together and function effectively as a team.
Who Thrives: If you are a self-starter and thrive on complexity and independence and truly understand and live the tenets of humility, hunger and honesty and you will love Qubole.
Qubole is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Qubole does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Qubole also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.