Qubole, the leading cloud-agnostic, big data-as-a-service provider, is passionate about making data-driven insights easily accessible to anyone. Qubole delivers the industry’s first autonomous data platform. The cloud-based data platform, Qubole Data Service (QDS), removes the burden of maintaining infrastructure of multiple big data processing engines, and enables customers to focus on their data. Qubole customers process nearly an exabyte of data every month. Qubole investors include Charles River, Institutional Venture Partners, Lightspeed, Norwest, Harmony and Singtel Innov8.
What you'll be doing
- Provide superior and professional customer support to Qubole customers with every interaction
- Execute deep troubleshooting and drive resolution of customer issues as expediently as possible with the highest quality within customer-committed Service Level Agreements
- Diagnose and isolate problems from anywhere within the technical stack from customer-initiation, through Qubole service to underlying cloud provider
- Collaborate with DevOps, Sustenance and Engineering teams for bug-level and release-level code changes for customers
- Drive useful content to internal and customer-facing documentation including the customer knowledge base and other sources
- Drive deliverables for Support readiness for upcoming releases and core feature changes
- Ensure continuous improvement in skills and practices are part of your DNA
- Will occasionally require 12 x 7 on-call rotations and occasional weekend work
Required experiences and skills
- 2-3+ years of experience in technical application support
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or related field
- A team player mentality - we will succeed only as a strong team
- Fundamental understanding of Java applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Having these will set you apart as a candidate
- Experience in analyzing system, network and application log files and system performance metrics
- Linux scripting experience in bash and python
- SQL experience including reading and writing complex SQL from at least one major relational database technology
- Experience with writing, enhancing and supporting Java applications
- Java troubleshooting including JVM, heap memory, threading concepts, garbage collection, etc
- Knowledge and experience with technologies of cloud providers including AWS, Azure, Oracle and Google
- Experience with big data technologies including Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Presto
- Fluency in multiple languages
Qubole is hitting that growth inflection point where we need talented people to help us scale up. Our company culture is special, and we are looking for people to join us who want to continue building a great company while going after the big data activation market.
If you want to get technical, click here
for a 5 min run down of how Qubole works
Watch a talk given by our CEO here
Culture at Qubole
Trust and Autonomy: We absolutely pride ourselves on the lack of bureaucracy at work, and believe in delegating power and responsibility, aggressively to our employees.
Transparency and Teamwork: Complete transparency in all our thoughts and actions is integral to our genetic character, and it helps us to stick together and function effectively as a team.
Who Thrives: If you are a self-starter and thrive on complexity and independence and truly understand and live the tenets of humility, hunger and honesty and you will love Qubole.
Qubole is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Qubole does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Qubole also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.